Certificate of Recovery

wallyh4184

We cruised on the Beyond from July 2nd-July 11, from Barcelona.  We both had COR.  I don't think the girl who checked us in has seen many before, as she went to a supervisor for about 1 minute, before coming back and looking after us.  It was easy peasy.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:29 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I do agree that there is a possibility.    Their Customer Service is non-existant or couple hours wait for a text chat.   I have 2 eMed kits sitting next to me right now as a backup.  My first attempt to get an appointment got stuck and couldn't get resolved after 2 days I filed a CC dispute and rebooked  -  This time went through perfectly.    The only real advantage is we could both test on the same session. 

We are planning on testing at 9:00 AM before a 12 Noon flight 2 days prior to cruise and could always test with eMed when we arrive in Newark or anytime the next day

We used Inspire Diagnostics for our Med cruise in June. DH and I did the test together.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:11 PM, gardenbunny said:

Thanks for starting this topic.  I need some advice, please.

We have cruised 4 times in 2022, healthy in early 70s, all 3 shots.  Yep, finally got Covid just off RCI July 19th.  Got home, thought it might be a cold but decided to use one of the free self test kits (not proctored) and we both tested positive.  Mild symptoms and we are recovered.

We board Eclipse in Vancouver Aug 21 for Alaska.  I am confused about wording for the CofR that you have to have the dated original lab test for the positive result and the doctor recovery letter.  You don’t have the lab test if you did it at home.  We have contacted our doctor for the letter, and they will provide it.  But they said we probably don’t need it since our pre travel rapid test we get on 19th should be negative.
I am thinking we will just self test at home to be sure we are negative and then go to CVS like we always do for their test.

Any thoughts?

It is possible you may still test positive by a PCR test.

On 7/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Curious about this.  Do you have to have an online appointment with them or is it all done by filling in the forms?  

The Certificate of Recovery from the online site … is it a letter from a MD?  Or a actual certificate?

16 hours ago, whirlybird3 said:

The Certificate of Recovery from the online site … is it a letter from a MD?  Or a actual certificate?

I have read it numerous times.  We have a video appt with our doctor.  It has to be a typed letter from your doctor and there are a list of items it must include (ie name, address, phone number and confirmation of recovery and isolation.  You submit it along with your original dated positive lab test.  This allows you to board ship as if you were submitting your negative test result.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, whirlybird3 said:

It can be issued by a doctor but can not be hand written.   Read full requirements below

Is Celebrity accepting Certificates of Recovery?  If I have recently recovered from COVID-19, what documentation am I required to provide? 

For all sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, Celebrity is now accepting a Certificate of Recovery. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record. Guests must continue to show proof of full vaccination where required based on age, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. 

A Certificate of Recovery must meet the following requirements: 

• Be on official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:

1. The Provider’s name

2. The Provider’s address

3. The Provider’s phone number

4. Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation

• Be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provide

• Date of validity must extend throughout the duration of your cruise

• Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen test, taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise.

Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen test, taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.