September weather

gilliansp

Take clothes you can layer.  It can be 70s and sunny, or 50s and rainy, etc.  Always take rain jacket and hat and gloves, regardless.  When the ship is moving, it is really chilly outdoors on deck, so be prepared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

Take clothes you can layer.  It can be 70s and sunny, or 50s and rainy, etc.  Always take rain jacket and hat and gloves, regardless.  When the ship is moving, it is really chilly outdoors on deck, so be prepared.

Thanks so much! Really helpful.

• Like 1

You should pack a water proof (not water resistant) outer layer.  You should expect to have gloves and a head covering.  I don't pack a wool scarf but pack a "buff" (this is the name of the company -- google for a photo).  I don't pack wool sweaters but will have both a light weight (often referred to a "micro" fleece in the US) and a heavier fleece too; these can be layered for more warmth.  And depending on your activity level water proof walking shoes are a must, at least for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

You should pack a water proof (not water resistant) outer layer.  You should expect to have gloves and a head covering.  I don't pack a wool scarf but pack a "buff" (this is the name of the company -- google for a photo).  I don't pack wool sweaters but will have both a light weight (often referred to a "micro" fleece in the US) and a heavier fleece too; these can be layered for more warmth.  And depending on your activity level water proof walking shoes are a must, at least for us.

Thanks so much, very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 4:47 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Thanks for the information! I think I'm ready now 🙂

• Like 1