Are P&O now the Easy jet of the sea

scifimonkey

3 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Maybe not....but how many cruise lines openly lie to us?

If they openly lied to you than sue them, you obviously got proof that they lied to you, don't forget to let us know how you got on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bazrat said:

If they openly lied to you than sue them, you obviously got proof that they lied to you, don't forget to let us know how you got on.

You can't sue them for lying as they are based abroad. It would cost a fortune which I have not got. I have proof on e-mails. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

You can't sue them for lying as they are based abroad. It would cost a fortune which I have not got. I have proof on e-mails. 

I think you will find that P&O is based in the UK.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I can understand your frustration with P&O but surely all of this is rather fruitless and just adding to your anger?  The question surely is are these problems/changes really worth all the anguish you are experiencing?  If so what are these issues that you say P&O need suing about, with no wish to be rude but port and itinerary changes are covered in the T&Cs which you accepted at the time of booking.  If I have missed something in previous posts where P&O have blatantly lied to you outside their contractual obligations please accept my apologies.

Disappointments and frustration are sadly facts of modern life.  As someone currently experiencing a torrid time with a cruise line over some pretty major issues I can only suggest using a different perspective might relieve the stress you are clearly putting yourself under.  I do appreciate that to you these "lies" are an enormous injustice but if put into perspective most likely aren't.

Edited by Megabear2
Sense!
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I can understand your frustration with P&O but surely all of this is rather fruitless and just adding to your anger?  The question surely is are these problems/changes really worth all the anguish you are experiencing?  If so what are these issues that you say P&O need suing about, with no wish to be rude but port and itinerary changes are covered in the T&Cs which you accepted at the time of booking.  If I have missed something in previous posts where P&O have blatantly lied to you outside their contractual obligations please accept my apologies.

Disappointments and frustration are sadly facts of modern life.  As someone currently experiencing a torrid time with a cruise line over some pretty major issues I can only suggest using a different perspective might relieve the stress you are clearly putting yourself under.  I do appreciate that to you these "lies" are an enormous injustice but if put into perspective most likely aren't.

Actually I am not under any type of stress and we always go out to make the best of, and enjoy, all our cruises (except the Magellan a few years ago which was ridiculous). It just annoys me that nowadays the English accept anything that is thrown at them without a peep.  We only complain to each other, rarely to the initiators of the problem (fuel crisis a good example). It is frustration that P&O do not learn at all about customer relations..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Actually I am not under any type of stress and we always go out to make the best of, and enjoy, all our cruises (except the Magellan a few years ago which was ridiculous). It just annoys me that nowadays the English accept anything that is thrown at them without a peep.  We only complain to each other, rarely to the initiators of the problem (fuel crisis a good example). It is frustration that P&O do not learn at all about customer relations..

Glad you aren't stressed as you certainly sounded it.  

9 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

You raise an interesting point regarding perspective.

When cruises started getting cancelled we wondered how we would cope not being able to do several a year, however as they started to get cancelled and moved we started to have feelings of relief as being quarantined in a hotel abroad was never far from our minds. We eventually did a seven night river cruise last month and just hoped we could last out without succumbing. But to be honest no one would have cared less, airline or boat but it still took the shine off the holiday. Next year we have two 14 night cruises so are wondering if we will be able to stay infection free for so long and will covid be just be treated as a cough by then.

So if people are worried about what to expect or how they will be treated by a company then they must ask themselves if the company or product is worth the hassle, we are supposed to go on holiday to enjoy ourselves.

We are waiting with apprehension to see what a 14 night cruise will be like in this post covid era and might give up on cruising at least until there has been a year without problems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

at least until there has been a year without problems.

In which case I think you could be waiting a long long time.

Many of us here have had several cruises of 14 days (or longer) in the last year with no issues. 

Just now, wowzz said:

Many of us here have had several cruises of 14 days (or longer) in the last year with no issues. 

A year in lockdown, a year dipping our toes in the water, this year kind of back to normal. Give it another year to be on the safe side?. No ta. Not enough years left .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Returning to the original topic of this thread, surely Easycruise would be the Easyjet of cruising?

Didn't Stelios pull the plug on that. MSC seem to have pinched the idea. 

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Didn't Stelios pull the plug on that. MSC seem to have pinched the idea. 

Surely that's Virgin - airline and cruise company. In fact the displays and palaver on that Cruise programme rather render this topic redundant as surely Virgin win hands down ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Remember that 'many of us here' only accounts for perhaps   a microscopic number of cruisers many who have had problems according to the media. Anyone on here, myself included, only speak for themselves and no-one else.

5 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Remember that 'many of us here' only accounts for perhaps   a microscopic number of cruisers many who have had problems according to the media. Anyone on here, myself included, only speak for themselves and no-one else.

The same media who broke the clown incident, you really should not take much stead in what they say, there is another site that shall not be named that you can join various groups and read what people are actually saying.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bazrat said:

The same media who broke the clown incident, you really should not take much stead in what they say, there is another site that shall not be named that you can join various groups and read what people are actually saying.

My point is the 'people' bit. It makes it sound as though it is a consensus of opinion when it is only a tiny, tiny minority view. I do take notice of the covid figures and other news about cruises as the companies don't like telling their customers. Incidentally, several people have recently mentioned'sites which cannot be named'. Why not? It is a critics forum is it not?

Towards the end of this Britannia cruise it has been the same mix of types of person and atmosphere as I ever recall it.

It's still middle market at best (arguably somewhat below that around the buffet and top deck at key times) but it's absolutely fine for what it is ie) I kind of know what I'm getting. And there is certainly much enjoyment to be had to make a lovely holiday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camberley said:

Towards the end of this Britannia cruise it has been the same mix of types of person and atmosphere as I ever recall it.

It's still middle market at best (arguably somewhat below that around the buffet and top deck at key times) but it's absolutely fine for what it is ie) I kind of know what I'm getting. And there is certainly much enjoyment to be had to make a lovely holiday

We are also on this cruise. I hope you have had a really enjoyable cruise. We will be sad to get off Sunday.

Agree what you say about top deck. We have generally avoided it and were shocked the first morning at 9.15 to take the children swimming to find 75% of the sun beds taken with towels and the whole pool deck area practically empty. We have been cruising 10 years in the school holidays and never experienced that. We have found everything else as good as ever. Staff have been amazing. We are back on Britannia next August and counting down already 😊

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

We are also on this cruise. I hope you have had a really enjoyable cruise. We will be sad to get off Sunday.

Agree what you say about top deck. We have generally avoided it and were shocked the first morning at 9.15 to take the children swimming to find 75% of the sun beds taken with towels and the whole pool deck area practically empty. We have been cruising 10 years in the school holidays and never experienced that. We have found everything else as good as ever. Staff have been amazing. We are back on Britannia next August and counting down already 😊

Yes it has been amazing. Only very very minor niggles but it has been great to have what is essentially a normal cruising experience.

Been lovely to meet new people incl. a group we befriended who had put off the "big ships" for years and now wish they'd done one sooner than this. A feeling I've noted many have had.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

We have generally avoided it and were shocked the first morning at 9.15 to take the children swimming to find 75% of the sun beds taken with towels and the whole pool deck area practically empty

It appears to be the new British disease! Recently in Kefalonia there were no sunbeds around either of the pools in our 5* adults only resort at 7.45am.  There are some wonderful videos on the subject on YouTube as well. 

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

It appears to be the new British disease! Recently in Kefalonia there were no sunbeds around either of the pools in our 5* adults only resort at 7.45am.  There are some wonderful videos on the subject on YouTube as well. 

We holidayed in a beautiful 5* hotel in Kos in June and they had a sunbed rule that was strictly adhered to by all their pool and beach staff. All empty beds were cleared after 1 hour. It was amazing because beds were always available and no one got up at the crack of dawn to reserve them. 
I didn’t see any arguments about this at all. It shows it can be done and I wish the ships would follow this policy.

• Like 7