Upgrades for a third passensger - how??

Jaz52002

Hi

We are first time crusiers with NCL.    2 adults and 1 child.   We have the Free at Sea option which I believe only covers the first 2 passengers (presumably me and my wife).     We keep getting offers to upgrade etc.  but not for the third passenger.

How do I get the soda package for my daughter and how do I get her the upgraded wifi?    I know from experience that it's cheaper to get these thing before boarding.  The app only allows me to but things for the first 2 passengers.   There's not even option for the thrid?

Any advice would be appreciated before I phone up.

Thanks.

Is your daughter shown on the guest section of your booking?

As for the Soda package, you can also just do that at embarkation - they usually have a table in embark area or onboard offering the soda package for reasonable rate ($8-10/day I thought).  I think the soda pkg is less of a "buy it before you board" than most of the other things.

I've never had WiFi on a cruise before (first time coming up in Sept) so not sure how that works - might be easiest to just call NCL direct and have a cruise consultant add it to your booking for the youngster.

Brad

The soda package and Wi-Fi upgrades are easy to add before you go in the NCL.com supine.

Unless you really want to make the first few things of vacation being finding and purchasing these items on trip.  A treasure hunt perhaps?  

Also it’s usually cheaper before you go.

The wifi is paid per person, but anyone in your party can actually use it on their device.  The only limitation is that only 1 device can use it at a time.   You need to sign IN when you want that device to use the wifi plan you have.  You need to also sign OUT when you are done using it for that session.  So unless you, your wife, and/or your child need to use the internet at the same time on different devices, it doesn't really matter which name is on the plan.  So you may just want to upgrade your existing "Free at Sea" internet.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

12 minutes ago, Jaz52002 said:

Hi

We are first time crusiers with NCL.    2 adults and 1 child.   We have the Free at Sea option which I believe only covers the first 2 passengers (presumably me and my wife).     We keep getting offers to upgrade etc.  but not for the third passenger.

How do I get the soda package for my daughter and how do I get her the upgraded wifi?    I know from experience that it's cheaper to get these thing before boarding.  The app only allows me to but things for the first 2 passengers.   There's not even option for the thrid?

Any advice would be appreciated before I phone up.

Thanks.

In case you weren't aware, if you have "two WiFi packages", that covers two devices logged in as guests in your cabin number.  That means two can be online at the same time.  So if you don't expect that all of you would need to be online at once, you might not need to pay for a third.  The ship connection isn't monitoring "whose device it is".

GC 

We are cruising NCL for the first time (and cruising with kids on any cruise line for the first time), and I did not see an option to add a soda package for them on the website. I saw upgrades for everything but that. I called, and the NCL rep was surprised it wasn't there. He was able to add it, though, and I paid for it over the phone. They sent me a new amenity summary via e-mail within a few minutes.

I know you can buy it upon embarkation, but that's one less thing to have to do and one less cost I have to think about. The cost of it will be ancient history by the time we board.