Fully accessible cabin upgrade!

LindaSSF

I am in shock this afternoon. I called my PCC to book an 11 day cruise next year. The cost for the Neptune suite was just more than I wanted to pay, even though we normally stay in one. 

My husband’s health has gotten worse this year and he now needs a fully accessible handicapped cabin. I asked for a handicapped Signature suite, but they were all booked. Our PCC upgraded us to a fully accessible handicapped Neptune suite at no additional charge over the cost of a Signature suite. 

I’m shocked, and so thankful that she was able to do that for us. ♥️

Linda

• Like 10

I'm sorry your husband's health has deteriorated, but really glad this accommodation was available at the price you were able to pay. I hope you both have a wonderful trip.

• Like 2

You may not like it. We were assigned a Neptune handicap on Kongingsdam but had no need for handicap cabin. It was a guarantee SC. Cabin has no couch, small desk and poor bathroom for non-handicap person. Only one sink, minimal counter space for toiletries, roll-in show with SLICK tile floor, tub has no shower curtain or overhead shower head - sit down only. Only small desk almost unusable for laptop. On the plus side, giant balcony.  Fortunately, we we able to change cabins due to a no-show. 

Sorry to hear about your husbands health but so glad that Holland America came through for you. This is a case that of one of the things Princess has always done HAL is now following with. Pre covid regarding Princess cruises if you needed an Acessible cabin Princess would move you up to the next category where one was available for the price of which category you were wanting. That was not the case with Holland America, it was Sorry we are sold out  but you can pay $XXXX for this category. Post covid there has been even more things that Princess and HAL combined with Princess mostly following what Holland America has always done. This is a good thing that Holland America is following Princess on and should have done in the past.

• Like 4