5 day cruise vibe

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The menu should be in the app - look at the closest in similar sailing. 

I looked on the app and I saw the menus.  Do they ever change? If I take three different three day cruises will the menus be the same each time? Also, I heard there was a formal night on the short cruises and wondering if they serve lobster? I’m not used to formal nights on short cruises. Thank you for always being so helpful.

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Also, I heard there was a formal night on the short cruises and wondering if they serve lobster? I’m not used to formal nights on short cruises. Thank you for always being so helpful.

One formal night on my recent 3 & 4 night Indy cruises (night 2), no lobster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. How formal was it as far as dress goes?

Not formal at all, especially the 3-night... but then again, the formal nights on 7-night Caribbean cruises aren't very formal either.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not formal at all, especially the 3-night... but then again, the formal nights on 7-night Caribbean cruises aren't very formal either.

It’s hard to know what to do when everyone is saying that they’re only going to bring a small carry-on.  

I am not departing until Dec. 18th but I'm already obsessed  😁 .  I hop7/8 e we have a "formal" night even though it's really more of a dress for dinner night.  Glad to hear that a 5 night cruise will be so similar to my usual 7/8 nighters.  Does anyone have any "must do" ideas for me?  I'll be on Allure for the first time.

59 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It’s hard to know what to do when everyone is saying that they’re only going to bring a small carry-on.  

Let me put it this way... I'd put money on you not being the most casually dressed person in the MDR that night so pack/wear whatever you are comfortable wearing. You will see t-shirts and casual shorts.

I don't ever dress up. I put on khakis and a polo/short sleeve button down every night (formal or not) mostly b/c that was my pre-covid routine when we sat in DL every night for happy hour. On this past cruise, I was questioning why I wasn't just wearing shorts at night. You will see them in the MDR, the specialty restaurants, and the DL.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:44 PM, hotsauce126 said:

Imo everything about the crowd differences based on cruise length is exaggerated except for the fact that cruises longer than 7 days tend to have a more elderly crowd

IMO this is a very good thing, we "elderly" over 60's tend to have just a wee tad more disposable income, enabling us to not have to cruise with the exaggerated crowd differences on those short mini 5 day booze cruises.

Just off of a 5 night on Mariner - third leg of a B2B2B. First two legs were 8 night cruises. The differences between the first two legs and the 5 night were stark to ay the least. Even though they had the same “theme” nights in WJ, on the 5 night most of the themed entrees were missing, and what was offered was the same stuff that they served every day for lunch. As for the pool deck crowd, picture every table in the smoking area commandeered by the same people every day at dawn, and never vacated all day, with leftover meal plates piled up on every available surface. It made a Carnival booze cruise look like a church social by comparison.

Hot tubs had 25+ people in them all day (and I mean literally all day - the only time anyone got out was to grab another drink.)

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just off of a 5 night on Mariner - third leg of a B2B2B. First two legs were 8 night cruises. The differences between the first two legs and the 5 night were stark to ay the least. Even though they had the same “theme” nights in WJ, on the 5 night most of the themed entrees were missing, and what was offered was the same stuff that they served every day for lunch. As for the pool deck crowd, picture every table in the smoking area commandeered by the same people every day at dawn, and never vacated all day, with leftover meal plates piled up on every available surface. It made a Carnival booze cruise look like a church social by comparison.

Hot tubs had 25+ people in them all day (and I mean literally all day - the only time anyone got out was to grab another drink.)

No thanks, nuff said!  To bad it could not have been the first leg and you had to end it with that nonsense

Thanks for the info orville99.  I am hoping that since I'm going at Christmas maybe my experience will be better.  I've cruised enough to know each cruise has its own unique personality.  Hope your next one is better. Of course, even a mediocre cruise is still a fun vacay for us