Royal Caribbean Group Financial Report References Testing

prmssk

Buried in Royal Caribbean Group’s financial report is a statement that testing for vaccinated passengers will only be required for voyages 6 nights or longer effective August 8.  If that includes Celebrity, it won’t affect many sailings but it could be the start of moving away from testing. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27941-royal-caribbean-reports-q2-2022-financial-results-cash-flow-positive.html?fbclid=IwAR1yWqI2d7DMtlJAqkJyRm3Q6pwHGRGTFDq197mrZXzvl40iaI4chYOLFXU

• Like 4

Looks like they plan to start taking unvax'd passengers with testing, too.

"Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer."

57 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Buried in Royal Caribbean Group’s financial report is a statement that testing for vaccinated passengers will only be required for voyages 6 nights or longer effective August 8.  If that includes Celebrity, it won’t affect many sailings but it could be the start of moving away from testing. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27941-royal-caribbean-reports-q2-2022-financial-results-cash-flow-positive.html?fbclid=IwAR1yWqI2d7DMtlJAqkJyRm3Q6pwHGRGTFDq197mrZXzvl40iaI4chYOLFXU

Interesting.  Hard to know if this includes all RCG cruise lines.  They tend to go their own way on things like testing, masks, vaccination policy, etc.

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Interesting.  Hard to know if this includes all RCG cruise lines.  They tend to go their own way on things like testing, masks, vaccination policy, etc.

Yes, RCCL and Celebrity often each make their own separate decisions on protocols but this is coming from the parent company so maybe that will include Celebrity?  We shall see.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

That would be wonderful! We are on the 5-day Beyond FLL homeport inaugural November 8th. 

We have a 5 night on Connie in November. It would be nice not to have the stress of testing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prmssk said:

We have a 5 night on Connie in November. It would be nice not to have the stress of testing. 

Well testing might go away by then anyway.  Time will tell.  As for me, I would just get a new Omicron-specific booster vaccine a few weeks before my cruise if available this fall.  I am much more stressed of thinking of possible quarantine and isolation by testing positive on board than the stress of a pre-cruise test.

• Like 7

The new resting requirements state for a US departure.

Has anyone seen new requirements for Europe departures?

We leave from Southampton for 12 nights on August 29th.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

From this article,

Liberty said the company would still test unvaccinated guests, and said he expected to drop testing for vaccinated guests on longer cruises in the near future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Well testing might go away by then anyway.  Time will tell.  As for me, I would just get a new Omicron-specific booster vaccine a few weeks before my cruise if available this fall.  I am much more stressed of thinking of possible quarantine and isolation by testing positive on board than the stress of a pre-cruise test.

I already had a 2nd booster in April.  Do you think they will let me get the new booster even though I've already had the 2nd booster?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

Celebrity has added this to their website. 8AE89876-9CF6-4B9E-A97E-6973EA841210.thumb.png.85e8dfa5bff2a996cb2da2fbc18ee6e9.png

"Maintaining a high percentage of fully vaccinated guests" implies they will be capping the number of unvaccinated guests. So I guess there will be a check box added when you make your reservations?

6 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

"Maintaining a high percentage of fully vaccinated guests" implies they will be capping the number of unvaccinated guests. So I guess there will be a check box added when you make your reservations?

If they don't limit the number of unvaccinated guests, they are leaving open the possibility of more serious covid cases on board than the medical staff might not be able to handle. It is in Ćelebrities best interestb to severly limit the number of unvaccinated on board for just that reason. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I already had a 2nd booster in April.  Do you think they will let me get the new booster even though I've already had the 2nd booster?

Guessing but probably yes.   But once approved I suspect that the Omicron COVID booster doses will come as usual at first with a set of recommendations (age? health status?) by the CDC or elsewhere by the country health authority.   Possibly some restrictions as it is possible they will be in short supply when they first come out.  I am hoping the crew gets quick access to them as that will help keep cruising safer overall.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes, unquestionably.

I just had my 2nd booster just over one week ago and my Dr told me I can still get the new one when it is available in the fall

• Like 2