Royal Caribbean Group Financial Report References Testing

prmssk

4 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I already had a 2nd booster in April.  Do you think they will let me get the new booster even though I've already had the 2nd booster?

Crazy planning, I’ve been following this closely as I delayed getting my second booster after a bout of Covid and life. The current advice is do not wait for the new vaccine to come out, previous boosters will not disqualify you for the reformulated vaccine. Now, if you got a booster this week and the new Omicron booster comes out magically next week, that might be a little too close, but the time frame we are talking about is ok. I was planning on getting a booster in Early April, which was about 6 months from my first booster, and about 5 weeks prior to a cruise from Amsterdam. I got Covid instead, although cruise and flight back worked out ok for me and husband.

Now that I have read the above guidance, I’m going to get boosted next week, and I have my fingers crossed about approval for the new vaccine. My next cruise is Oct 29, and it would be great to get the new shot around the first of October- about the time I will start masking when I go out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I just had my 2nd booster just over one week ago and my Dr told me I can still get the new one when it is available in the fall

There are no known interactions, so if they can come up with a variant-specific one soon, that's something that will be useful.  My daughter was 2X vax'd and 1X boosted and still came down with a "worst case of the flu I can ever remember" case of BA.4 COVID a couple of weeks ago.  Hits everyone differently - not always the 'mild cold' many report.  Hoping the BA.4/BA.5 variant-specific version will prevent a lot of that.  Doubt it will be available before we fly to Barcelona on 26 October, but would be nice.  Assuming they can get regulatory approval to distribute it, that won't start until sometime in October.  That timing would require the FDA to accept just the pre-clinical data for the EUA rather than the full clinical data they normally have to submit for an EUA.

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

According to this information the new Omicron boosters might be here soon.   Not soon enough for my cruise in 1 month out of the UK.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/07/26/1113615330/reformulated-covid-vaccine-boosters-may-be-available-earlier-than-expected

I note that the article claims "The FDA is trying to get the companies to make those shots available even sooner — possibly as soon as September, according to a federal official familiar with the situation who is not authorized to talk about it publicly."

The FDA itself still hasn't said whether they will allow for authorization based upon pre-clinical data, which will likely turn out to be the fattest item in the critical path for delivering the new shots.  That's not something that 'the companies' can control.  Full clinical testing, if required, even enough to get an EUA, doesn't happen quickly.

12 hours ago, canderson said:

I note that the article claims "The FDA is trying to get the companies to make those shots available even sooner — possibly as soon as September, according to a federal official familiar with the situation who is not authorized to talk about it publicly."

The FDA itself still hasn't said whether they will allow for authorization based upon pre-clinical data, which will likely turn out to be the fattest item in the critical path for delivering the new shots.  That's not something that 'the companies' can control.  Full clinical testing, if required, even enough to get an EUA, doesn't happen quickly.

Yes but the FDA will likely treat this like a yearly influenza vaccine and not require large clinical studies. So that would be ideal for us cruising folk.  More good info here updated yesterday.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/07/28/1114408611/summer-boosters-for-people-under-50-shelved-in-favor-of-updated-boosters-in-the

• Like 1

Looks like Celebrity has made their pre-cruise testing decision with regards to cruises leaving out of US ports.

Updated Guidance for Cruises Departing the U.S.

Starting with August 8, 2022 U.S. departures, our protocols will include:

Requiring testing for unvaccinated guests on all sailings, and for vaccinated guests on sailings that are six nights or longer.

Maintaining a high percentage of fully vaccinated guests onboard all our sailings, far above the general population.

All crew will continue to be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible, and tested regularly.

COVID-19 Cruise Health & Safety Protocols | Celebrity Cruises

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Looks like Celebrity has made their pre-cruise testing decision with regards to cruises leaving out of US ports.

Updated Guidance for Cruises Departing the U.S.

Starting with August 8, 2022 U.S. departures, our protocols will include:

Requiring testing for unvaccinated guests on all sailings, and for vaccinated guests on sailings that are six nights or longer.

Maintaining a high percentage of fully vaccinated guests onboard all our sailings, far above the general population.

All crew will continue to be fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible, and tested regularly.

COVID-19 Cruise Health & Safety Protocols | Celebrity Cruises

From the US (FLL) in 2022 there is 1 sailing in November for Beyond that is 5 nights.  A handful of sailings on Summit.  That's it.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

From the US (FLL) in 2022 there is 1 sailing in November for Beyond that is 5 nights.  A handful of sailings on Summit.  That's it.

Sounds like X is taking the high road where most of its competitors are taking the low "no testing" road which also sounds like a wise business decision since we're still officially in a pandemic.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

A quick search turned up a number of Silhouette sailings as well. Also noticed a Reflection and a Constellation sailing.

21 hours ago, RichYak said:

A quick search turned up a number of Silhouette sailings as well. Also noticed a Reflection and a Constellation sailing.

You are correct, Thanks.  I guess I can't figure out how to search but I swear these did not come up when I searched yesterday 2-5 nights from a US port in the remainder of 2022.  But today they are there.  And one on Edge too (Nov 7).   

• Like 1