No More Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated guests on voyages less than 6 nights starting August 8th!

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

The 29 cases are a big drop. They have had over 100 at times. Their number of deaths ahs dropped too. They will say that is because their policies are successful. Don't get me wrong, I don't like their requirements but they make sense to them and we can argue about it all the time but because of thier history with colonialism they can be stubborn. Also unlike some destinations while a part of their economy is tourism  and they want tourists it is only part of their economy. 

As I've said many time in this forum/blog and others, countries (and individuals) can run their country as they feel they need to.  BUT, it doesn't mean I can't dislike it, I can't speak out about it, I can't state the obvious faults with it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

CC doesn’t like/allow some sites to be linked directly. 

Yep.  

Unless it is a real long article, it might be better to take a "snip" or 'screen shot" of it and post it as a .jpg.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

👍👍👍👍

If you haven’t had covid 2-3 times by now, you haven’t been living life.  Time to go back to normal.  I’m sure I’ll have it for my 4th time in February.  And like the prior 3 times, it’ll be a non-issue.

I have been living since May 2020 and knock on wood, and as far as I know, haven't gotten covid and was unvaccinated until last month when I had to get it done for my cruise. Yes, MOST have gotten it though and many multiple times, vaccinated to the max. 

Im a nurse who's worked with sick patients the entire pandemic. I've worn a mask as have my patients. I never caught Covid until we took a vacation to Florida in May where nobody was masked. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

The fact that the CDC, THE CDC, is willing to give up all requirements to cruise says everything we need to know.  

This is the most risk averse public health agency that imposed all of these conditions in the first place.  Now the CDC doesn't think that the protocols are required anymore.

Enough said.

The CDC has no jurisdiction anywhere outside of the US. If a country requires testing then tough luck for any cruise ships that sail there. Ships and people will still go and accept testing. Every country rightfully has their own rules. If people dont like them dont go on a cruise to that country. 

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

The CDC has no jurisdiction anywhere outside of the US. If a country requires testing then tough luck for any cruise ships that sail there. Ships and people will still go and accept testing. Every country rightfully has their own rules. If people dont like them dont go on a cruise to that country. 

And I, for one, won't!  Just like I didn't go into Canada on my last cruise in May and I'm not booking a cruise that stops in Bermuda.  Do you or they care about my position?  No!  But, I feel pretty damn good about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

I am disappointed that they are lowering or dropping the vax requirement. On a certain blog, there is a text screen of a conversation with Bayley where he confirms unvaccinated people can now book without exemptions.

Welcome to the world returning ever so slightly to normal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

And I, for one, won't!  Just like I didn't go into Canada on my last cruise in May and I'm not booking a cruise that stops in Bermuda.  Do you or they care about my position?  No!  But, I feel pretty damn good about it.

And thats the correct way to do it. Too many people moan and demand changes with the rules when at the end of the day its personal choice if people go on a cruise or not. Live how you want to live, go where you want to go.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes sir, and I repeat there is no “requirement” for boosters  

Boosted cruisers have an extra day to test, although the typo in this post by the line does not properly indicate that.  

Okay, I now see what you are saying.  But, I'm still cornfused bout something.

First they say that if you are UP-TO-DATE (and then they define what UP-TO-DATE is) you may  Note: the word MAY (which is not an authoritative word) take a test (they don't specify what test) and you take the test no more than 3 days prior to embarkation.

Then they say that if you are NOT UP-T0-DATE then you MUST take a PCR or Antigen test no more than 3 days prior to embarkations.

So, this raises a few questions (don't know why, I'll never cruise Carnival (again)):

Why mention UP-TO-DATE if it really isn't a factor?  You can still get tested and embark being UP-TO-DATE or not.

Why the MAY vs MUST?

Why state the type of testing authorized in one area but not the other?

Am I missing something?  I'm old!

Now, even though I quoted you, I don't expect answers to my questions.

Why the MAY and then the MUST?

Why not addressing the authorized tests in the MAY sentence?  

This whole post got screwed up several times.  It kept going away and then I hit save by mistake.  It removed a few sentences and some punctuations.   It still may be screwed up but I'm tired of looking at it.  

Edited by Ret MP
I hit SAVE in the middle of typing by mistake!

26 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Okay, I now see what you are saying.  But, I'm still cornfused bout something.

First they say that if you are UP-TO-DATE (and then they define what UP-TO-DATE is) you may  Note: the word MAY (which is not an authoritative word) take a test (they don't specify what test) and you take the test no more than 3 days prior to embarkation.

Then they say that if you are NOT UP-T0-DATE then you MUST take a PCR or Antigen test no more than 3 days prior to embarkations.

So, this raises a few questions (don't know why, I'll never cruise Carnival (again)):

Why mention UP-TO-DATE if it really isn't a factor?  You can still get tested and embark being UP-TO-DATE or not.

Why the MAY vs MUST?

Why state the type of testing authorized in one area but not the other?

Am I missing something?  I'm old!

Now, even though I quoted you, I don't expect answers to my questions.

Why the MAY and then the MUST?

Why not addressing the authorized tests in the MAY sentence?  

This whole post got screwed up several times.  It kept going away and then I hit save by mistake.  It removed a few sentences and some punctuations.   It still may be screwed up but I'm tired of looking at it.  

I don’t cruise carnival either

However from what I’ve read on the other boards, if boosted you may test up to three days prior to embarkation if not boosted you must test no more than two days before embarkation.

Everyone must test but boosted may do it a day earlier 

• Like 1

I just want to say that while this is a step in the right direction, I still think it's ridiculous. The should just drop the pre-cruise testing to begin with. Especially now that it is harder (and more expensive) to get the testing done. I seriously hope RCCL will reconsider this soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I don’t cruise carnival either

However from what I’ve read on the other boards, if boosted you may test up to three days prior to embarkation if not boosted you must test no more than two days before embarkation.

Everyone must test but boosted may do it a day earlier 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hold you accountable for what Carnival has produced.  But, I don't see where, in the release posted above, 2 days are mentioned except for Bermuda or Canada.  And that's only for an Antigen test.  

Oh well, I'll move on!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teddybear231 said:

I just want to say that while this is a step in the right direction, I still think it's ridiculous. The should just drop the pre-cruise testing to begin with. Especially now that it is harder (and more expensive) to get the testing done. I seriously hope RCCL will reconsider this soon.

Totally and completely agree with most.  However, testing is actually relatively cheap.  Test kits from the Government are "FREE", meaning we all pay for them,  and the telehealth companies are competing and you can now get a proctored telehealth testing (onpoint, et al) for about $11.00.  At least that is true in the U.S.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd jump into the conversation now that Carnival is doing something different than RCL.  Having said that it looks like they are moving towards some sort of Booster requirement and I'm beginning to believe all the lines are gong to require boosters in the future. What that means and what it evolves into no one knows for sure but i don't believe it will be to our liking.

My family is vaccinated but we have opted out of any boosters.  I won't debate the merits or pitfalls of that decision as there's plenty of info out there to make your own decision.  The only info I'll pass along is the attached link which shows there's basically no difference in death rates for vaccinated people with booster vs those opting out of the booster shots. https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~All+ages

We've been on 4 cruises with RCL the past year and have three more booked in the next six months however any requirement for boosters (if ever implemented) will drive us from the cruise industry.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, teddybear231 said:

I’m pro-open doors for all, but I accept that RCCL has a large customer base who is adverse to any major changes instantly.

I am fine with little steps every 3 months leading to big leaps.

And I say this as someone who is unvaccinated — I am still willing to let others slowly become comfortable with returning to the old normal.

12 minutes ago, bjlaac said:

however any requirement for boosters (if ever implemented) will drive us from the cruise industry.

As much as I love to cruise, I hate to say it but I think I'm in that state of mind.  It actually pains me to think that way, it really does.  I've been booted once, it was a weak moment in my life.  I'll not do the 2nd.  

BTW, I totally agree with everything else you said and linked to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rudeney said:

I have "long COVID".  Myine is a partial loss of smell. Right after my Nov. 2020 bout, I lost taste and smell.  Taste came back, but smell only partially.  There are some chemicals that trigger no smell response for me.  An example is that sewage only smells like sulfur.  And so do eggs.  So you could blindfold me and put either poo or eggs under my nose and I couldn't distinguish them - jut sulfur for both of them.  An interesting side-effect of that is that for the chemicals I do smell, I have "super-smell".  I guess with all the other things I can't smell filtered out, I can home in on those that I do.  Some people think this is just horrible, but I've always had an odd sense of smell due to a high school chemistry lab incident.  This is just different, and luckily I can smell smoke and fuels, so it's not dangerous.  

After testing for a cruise for May the hubby and I tested positive. We had no symptoms what so ever. Then testing negative 5 days later.

I believe I have long covid. Having Blood pressure problems and I have always had good numbers.

Was getting high numbers like 189/211. Put on 50 mgs for pressure. Nothing happened so it was upped to100 mgs. Sorta helped. Then we decided to take it at night and that is making the numbers look so much better. The other thing is that my chest seems to be congested all the time now.