December weather

We have never cruised in December before and are considering taking the Grandkids for Christmas.  This would be their first cruise at ages 8 and 3.  

Is the water rough in December?  Is the water typically warm?  I know anything can happen to change weather at any time.  We are looking at leaving from Port Canaveral and going to the Bahamas.

31 minutes ago, blitzerlove said:

We have never cruised in December before and are considering taking the Grandkids for Christmas.  This would be their first cruise at ages 8 and 3.  

Is the water rough in December?  Is the water typically warm?  I know anything can happen to change weather at any time.  We are looking at leaving from Port Canaveral and going to the Bahamas.

To me perfect, but the water  might be cool to swim. Last dec from Galveston which can be similar, it was like 70 and sunny when we boarded. People were scarce in the water and my friend had the surf zone to himself pretty much. 

Ports were 82 to 84. 

• Like 1

We've done 2 Thanksgiving cruises with the kids and one a week before Christmas with them.  I never remember any rough weather nor cold water, just remember having a blast.  One of the Nov. ones, we did a catamaran private tour around Sint Marten on the Celine, weather was wonderful.  Best excursion we ever took.  You will find her online.

Marie n Pete.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

We’ve cruised in December out of Baltimore on the Pride numerous times. The first 2 days too cold for anything, same with the last day coming back. Sometimes we came back to a boatload of snow. 

• Like 1