Tender to land, then to ferry and back, am I crazy?

Kaki321

Booked on a Carnival cruise that stops in Cozumel. We love Playa Del Carmen and plan to ferry over and spend the day.

One of the main reasons I booked this cruise was that the port time was 12 hours - 8 am to 8 pm! Well, Carnival just changed the itinerary for my cruise and we are now there from 9 - 6, losing 3 hours. I am bummed.

We are a group of 8 with 3 small kids (under 5). We do have a nanny with us, but I am now second guessing how much trouble it might be to get us all to PDC and back now that our day is cut short.

Anyone know how long it takes once a boat is tendered to get to Coz? From there, how far is the ferry pier? From there, how long is the ferry ride to PDC?

Wondering if it's worth it. :( So bummed they cut my 3 hours out. Perhaps there is someplace (beach, little town like PDC's 5th avenue), in Cozumel that is just as nice.

??

thanks!

I am really leaning toward taking your advice....the kids are too little to cope I think. We will likely go back to PDC to spend a week next year anyway (that is my "land" vacation year :)) thanks!

Anyone know how long it takes once a boat is tendered to get to Coz? From there, how far is the ferry pier? From there, how long is the ferry ride to PDC?

thanks!

Since you are not on a booked ship tour, you will be amoung the last to leave the ship so there is no true way to tell you when you will be able to get off. Once you do get to the pier, then you have to pay for a taxi to get to the fiscal pier (depending on where you tender into). Then the tickets are $110 pesos one way, each person. And they run only odd hours from Cozumel to Playa. Even hours from Playa to Coz. So not only will you be cutting your time short, it will be an expensive trip over there.

I was on the Inspiration and headed to the Paris Lounge by 9:00 were in Maya pier on the first tender ( snuck on ) by 10:00 . Cozumel is one hour behind so you don't need to rush. Enjoy the island , lots to see and do.

Archived