New policy on Covid testing on River trips

Hi everybody,  

If you go to the AQVoyages website and click on "Health and Safety", you will see the following statement:  "Pre-cruise Covid 19 testing is no longer required or provided on all River Experiences (AQ, AE, AD, and AC) beginning August 1, 2022.  This applies to Rivers trips only. Check it out.

14 hours ago, Rivertripper said:

Hi everybody,  

If you go to the AQVoyages website and click on "Health and Safety", you will see the following statement:  "Pre-cruise Covid 19 testing is no longer required or provided on all River Experiences (AQ, AE, AD, and AC) beginning August 1, 2022.  This applies to Rivers trips only. Check it out.

Wow!!  You are right!!  I'm not sure it ever helped "keep everyone safe"  At least 3 of the people at our dinner table came down with Covid by the end of our last cruise in June (Ohio River). All tested negative on the day before the cruise. 

• Like 1

Was just boarding on Sunday and no testing on Saturday! Check in went so quickly!

I agree that it is pointless to have people tested at check in as people are on and off the boat almost every day and from my last few cruises, many have developed covid as we sailed! 

Does anyone know the new protocol?  Maybe “IamAlyce” or someone else cruising this week can tell us. A questionnaire?  Sign a form that you don’t have Covid?  Something that asks if you’d ever had COVID, or how long it’s been since you had COVID?

• 3 weeks later...

My extended family 7 of us went on the American Empress from Spokane to Portland August7-15.  Negative test no longer required during Saturday check in.  Five nights into cruise my husband tested positive, then 3-4 nights later I also tested positive.  By then we had gotten off boat.  Heard a lot of coughing on boat, during entertainment and throughout.  Would love to know how many others got covid during and right after cruise.