Observations From The Poop Deck (Seashore)

morpheusofthesea

There are 17 tables on the veranda of Ocean House. Another all-weather type of table with and without umbrella (25). Heard this morning that there will be 307 YC guests next sailing, tomorrow, not including any B2Bs and those WITH ACCESS to the YC amenities. Does anyone know who these guests are? Those with ACCESS?

IMG_2108.jpg

• Like 1

In anticipation of such a full YC next cruise, there will be buffet dining every evening at the One Pool Deck. There are 131 suites with butler service. 180 YC restaurant seats and 58 YC Grill/ buffet seats.

Anyone know how many other non YC guests have ACCESS to the YC amenities ?

I am also.  Have you heard the reason and/or results for covid testing the kids? Enquiring minds just need to know. That's a pretty high number of YC guests for the next cruise. Not happy if access is being given to those paying regular ship pricing which as we all know is very low.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelwide said:

I am also.  Have you heard the reason and/or results for covid testing the kids? Enquiring minds just need to know. That's a pretty high number of YC guests for the next cruise. Not happy if access is being given to those paying regular ship pricing which as we all know is very low.

Don't know much. This morning is first we ever heard of this new class of guest, ACCESS. 

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Anyone know how many other non YC guests have ACCESS to the YC amenities ?

ACCESS is not right!  

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

There are 17 tables on the veranda of Ocean House

Thanks for the photo and I am glad to see that the previous types of seating has been ditched.  Sitting on a sofa with a coffee table in front of me and trying to eat a Lobster Roll wasn't quite what a YC dining experience ought to be.  

1 minute ago, travelwide said:

Are you in the TSl having a drink for me? Who is playing this cruise. I really enjoyed Irina on the piano in May.

Yes we were on in May and there was a delightful pianist who we thought sounded like Beegie Adair is no longer onboard. These acts seem to have the shortest contracts. We notice that these acts are rotated, sometime spent in TSL, then we find them playing in the Atrium, or the Brooklyn Cafe, sometimes the Up Town Lounge. This week is a jazz saxophonist we had playing last night in the TSL and today he was in the Atrium.

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

ACCESS is not right!  

Thanks for the photo and I am glad to see that the previous types of seating has been ditched.  Sitting on a sofa with a coffee table in front of me and trying to eat a Lobster Roll wasn't quite what a YC dining experience ought to be.  

Those sofa and coffee tables are still here.

Ship docked at 6 am. Cleared at 7:30. Only two working facial recognition out of 3 working. No immigration guests this cruise that have to clear first before the ship is cleared to unload. The majority of these guest are those that miss the ship on embarkation day  and decide to catch up to the ship at its first port of call.

10 hours ago, travelwide said:

Have a safe trip home tomorrow. When are you back on board?

Thanks. Already home and unloaded. Porters in Miami do not just drop one off at the curb. They take one right to parked car and help load. Hope to be back onboard Labor Day. Found out about ACCESS passengers. Can often be as many as B2Bers. Understandable... 

32 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Friends and family

Do you mean friends and family of MSC corporate?

Friends and family of non-corporate VIP guests staying in YC themselves?

Friends and family of brazen, but non-VIP YCers?

All of the above?