PCR Test not back in time

Does anyone have any experience with not getting PCR test results back in time for an unvaccinated 9 year old?  My niece took a test 48 hours before check in and it is not yet back (check in is in 14 hours so we may still get it in time).  She did also take an emed that was negative and will get the test at the port tomorrow.  But, if the PCR results aren’t back in time for sail away, not sure what will happen?

The people that does the initial checking of negative test didn’t know the difference between an antigen test and PCR test. They were just looking for date and negative result. So just have her take the emed test and hope that suffices should her PCR test not come back in time. FLL did antigen test prior to boarding, but LA did PCR test. She should test 1 day before (today) boarding as I think the terms state testing on day of boarding is not allowed, probably because Royal is testing on that day. 

I don’t think she’d be allowed to sail.  Unvaccinated kids that age need a PCR test.  Emed tests are antigen tests so that doesn’t help her.  I don’t know if they can find another place to do a PCR test with fast turnaround?

Good luck

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Get a one hour rapid PCR before midnight. Good luck!

Yeah, its tough. With delays and issues just to make sure I had no issues several Months ago had Test Scheduled and 3 Backups... Feel for OP, more limited options with Child