Pictures - P&O

Hi Folks,

Ā 

Does anyone know about wearing glasses and uploading your pics to P&O... should you take the pics with our without your glasses?

Ā 

Cheers

Edited by Balsam12

They request you use VeriFLY app, and yes it request you remove glasses and any head wear.

Do you have the app?

Ā 

Which cruise are you on?

Edited by Ozwoody

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

They request you use VeriFLY app, and yes it request you remove glasses and any head wear.

Do you have the app?

Ā 

Which cruise are you on?

We are sailing on Encounter. I have the Verifly app, but I'm looking at the P&O website where it doesn't say....

image.thumb.png.dfb1d750aa63084d38eb4d51feeea118.png

1 minute ago, Balsam12 said:

We are sailing on Encounter. I have the Verifly app, but I'm looking at the P&O website where it doesn't say....

Note the bit "Clearly shows your face", generally this means no glasses, a catch all as some glasses are pretty dominant.šŸ˜„

Ā 

9 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

You must be on an imminent one, I can't get that far with the net version. Just tells me I can do finals once 60 days out.

20 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

You must be on an imminent one, I can't get that far with the net version. Just tells me I can do finals once 60 days out.

Not until 14 October...

3 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

Not until 14 October...

Ours is the 5th November.

We have not sailed on P&O before, and are curious as to the difference with Princess.

Assuming it can't be that much difference, a cruise ship is a cruise ship one would think.šŸ˜

Ā 

Also assuming WA is now open for cruising??

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

We have not sailed on P&O before, and are curious as to the difference with Princess.

Assuming it can't be that much difference, a cruise ship is a cruise ship one would think.šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Our first time with P&O as well.

Not sure about WA being open to large ships yet. There are definitely small ship cruises happening up in the Kimberley.

The first ship due into Fremantle (as far as I can find) is Coral Princess on 28 October.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ā 

We sail on both Princess and P&O. The differences I can think of -

1. There are a couple of things you have to pay for on P&O and not on Princess (room service is one).

2. You cannot take any bottles of wine onto P&O ships and passengers even have to empty out water bottles.

3. Bottles of wine are less expensive on P&O.

4. The dining room will not keep left-over wine for you for the next night.

5. I could say "no choccy on the pillow" but Princess don't do that now anyway.

6. The buffet is NOT self-service.

7. In the buffet (The Pantry) the staff do not offer to get you a drink/coffee. They only clean the tables.

8. P&O don't have a welcome cocktail party. Their "Meet the Officers Party" is limited to guests in suites and several of the most-travelled passengers.

9. P&O doesn't have lecturers (like Princess' Enrichment Lectures)

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We sail on both Princess and P&O. The differences I can think of -

1. There are a couple of things you have to pay for on P&O and not on Princess (room service is one).

2. You cannot take any bottles of wine onto P&O ships and passengers even have to empty out water bottles.

3. Bottles of wine are less expensive on P&O.

4. The dining room will not keep left-over wine for you for the next night.

5. I could say "no choccy on the pillow" but Princess don't do that now anyway.

6. The buffet is NOT self-service.

7. In the buffet (The Pantry) the staff do not offer to get you a drink/coffee. They only clean the tables.

8. P&O don't have a welcome cocktail party. Their "Meet the Officers Party" is limited to guests in suites and several of the most-travelled passengers.

You might say then their the Virgin Blu of the cruise industryšŸ¤£

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

You might say then their the Virgin Blu of the cruise industryšŸ¤£

Ā 

I definitely feel the P&O-experience is a cut-price version of Princess. On our last P&O cruise (January 2020) the production shows were terrible. However, someone who has been on P&O since cruising restarted, reported that the shows were good. Our next P&O cruise is in late August, so I will see then.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I definitely feel the P&O-experience is a cut-price version of Princess. On our last P&O cruise (January 2020) the production shows were terrible. However, someone who has been on P&O since cruising restarted, reported that the shows were good. Our next P&O cruise is in late August, so I will see then.

Be grateful if you give us a debrief of your impression of of current standard against Princess.

By the way did not see you at last meetup. You guys ok?

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Be grateful if you give us a debrief of your impression of of current standard against Princess.

By the way did not see you at last meetup. You guys ok?

We are fine. Thanks for asking. I can let you know our impressions of P&O and whether it has changed after we get home on 3rd Sept.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

We are fine. Thanks for asking. I can let you know our impressions of P&O and whether it has changed after we get home on 3rd Sept.

Thanks guys, glad your ok, will you be at the 28th meetup?

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Have you travelled on other cruise lines?

We've done one previous cruise with Royal Caribbean, however I spent 12 months working on cruise ships back in 2004.

Ā 

The main reason we are going with P&O this time is because they have the $1.00 deposit offer. We have had so many cruises booked and cancelled over the last three years that we weren't prepared to give cruise lines $800 deposits until we were certain that the cruises would go ahead.

Ā 

We also have an Alaska cruise booked for next year with Holland America.

Ā 

I'm not expecting the highest level of cruise from P&O, but then we're not paying for that. I'm confident the ship itself will be well and truly up to scratch, the crew will be friendly, and the food will be plentiful. Not worried about shows, and will just be happy to be on a cruise ship again.

3 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

We've done one previous cruise with Royal Caribbean, however I spent 12 months working on cruise ships back in 2004.

Ā 

The main reason we are going with P&O this time is because they have the $1.00 deposit offer. We have had so many cruises booked and cancelled over the last three years that we weren't prepared to give cruise lines $800 deposits until we were certain that the cruises would go ahead.

Ā 

We also have an Alaska cruise booked for next year with Holland America.

Ā 

I'm not expecting the highest level of cruise from P&O, but then we're not paying for that. I'm confident the ship itself will be well and truly up to scratch, the crew will be friendly, and the food will be plentiful. Not worried about shows, and will just be happy to be on a cruise ship again.

Which cruise are you on?

47 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We aren't members of Lions. šŸ™‚

Ahh this is embarrassing, name confusion, seen avatar name, similar to cc friends avatar name.

Didn't checkšŸ˜¬Ā assumed them, so sorryšŸ˜³Ā thought you were Ros "AussieTraveller".

Please disregard all waffle previous.šŸ„ŗ

Regards

JohnšŸ˜„

All of P&O's fleet now are ex-Princess ships, so they feel somewhat familiar to those used to cruising Princess. We had also cruised previously on Dawn, Star, Golden Princess, and the layout and cabins don't really change at all when converted to P&O.

Ā 

We cruise P&O for experiences - State of Origin Rugby League, Australia Day in Sydney Harbour, 5 ships in Sydney day etc. In past years, they were the only ship doing winter cruising out of Brisbane, and they were great 1 week winter escapes. We have also been a part of a few massive group cruises, and P&O handle group bookings a whole lot easier than the competition. The biggest pitfall to me is there are no loyalty perks, so if you have elite CC or diamond C&A, you feel like you are giving up something to cruise with them.

Ā 

We cruise Princess for a better overall onboard experience, which includes the perks.

We cruise Royal for short getaway cruises in suites.

We cruise the others for something different.

Ā 

Most of all, we just cruise, and that is the most important part.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

All of P&O's fleet now are ex-Princess ships, so they feel somewhat familiar to those used to cruising Princess. We had also cruised previously on Dawn, Star, Golden Princess, and the layout and cabins don't really change at all when converted to P&O.

Ā 

We cruise P&O for experiences - State of Origin Rugby League, Australia Day in Sydney Harbour, 5 ships in Sydney day etc. In past years, they were the only ship doing winter cruising out of Brisbane, and they were great 1 week winter escapes. We have also been a part of a few massive group cruises, and P&O handle group bookings a whole lot easier than the competition. The biggest pitfall to me is there are no loyalty perks, so if you have elite CC or diamond C&A, you feel like you are giving up something to cruise with them.

Ā 

We cruise Princess for a better overall onboard experience, which includes the perks.

We cruise Royal for short getaway cruises in suites.

We cruise the others for something different.

Ā 

Most of all, we just cruise, and that is the most important part.

Thanks arxcards

I thought P&O Aust was more younger people orientated, so have not cruised them before.

ahh not that your not a younger person, then again, umm not that your an older person, oh dam-it you know what I mean.

And yes its the cruising that is the most important part.šŸ˜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Thanks arxcards

I thought P&O Aust was more younger people orientated, so have not cruised them before.

ahh not that your not a younger person, then again, umm not that your an older person, oh dam-it you know what I mean.

And yes its the cruising that is the most important part.šŸ˜

They do pitch to younger families, and personally I see them as 2nd prize to Princess. The differences aren't that big though, and I do keep an eye out for a different itinerary. From October to March, there is heaps of choice, but for the cooler months there is far less to choose from, especially now that there is only one Princess ship based here full time, and Coral will disappear for two long itineraries next winter.

• Thanks 1