Question about “Always Included”

darsura

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.  I am looking at booking a cruise in October, and usually book Aqua class, and opt for the premium beverage package and wifi.  I see Aqua and Retreat includes wifi and a beverage package.  Is this the classic beverage package and basic wifi package?  I do not see an option to upgrade when I tried to do a mock booking.

Thanks!

Yes, it looks as though they no longer offer the "elevate" package when you book. You can easily add these upgrades before you sail. But if you are eligible for Captain's Club discounts, they are on top of the precruise savings - but you can't do that online. You'll have to talk with someone at X to make that arrangement.

All Included for Aqua Class (or any lower cabin class) includes the basic wifi and classic beverage package.  You can upgrade either individually (with a call ahead of time or on board) but there is no elevate or indulge package anymore.

All Included for the Retreat includes the premium wifi and premium beverage package.

4 hours ago, GRBlizz said:

Yes, it looks as though they no longer offer the "elevate" package when you book. You can easily add these upgrades before you sail. But if you are eligible for Captain's Club discounts, they are on top of the precruise savings - but you can't do that online. You'll have to talk with someone at X to make that arrangement.

Yup and be prepared for the worst, that it'll take two hours on hold.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yup and be prepared for the worst, that it'll take two hours on hold.

I call Enhancements at 2:30 last Tuesday or Wednesday and had a 11 minute wait time.  I upgraded both the beverage package and wi-fi with the E+ discounts.  Rep even waited until I reviewed the confirmation to make sure everything was ok. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I call Enhancements at 2:30 last Tuesday or Wednesday and had a 11 minute wait time.  I upgraded both the beverage package and wi-fi with the E+ discounts.  Rep even waited until I reviewed the confirmation to make sure everything was ok. 

Nice!  My current situation…

D5A93BF8-97D2-47C5-BFE1-C19FA05B6ED2.png

I learned a valuable lesson by accident when booking an earlier cruise - if you are going to book directly with X rather than through a TA, don't book online. Instead, call, so you will be assigned a Celebrity Vacation Planner. You get one person to handle all arrangements and answer questions - including Flights by Celebrity if you use them, so they get to know you and your needs. More importantly, they give you an email address and direct phone number, as well as a link where you can book a time for them to call you! I have handled the majority of requests for this cruise and my last one via email, which is so easy. For example, I recently upgraded my cabin. My CVP had no booking slots available and I was afraid the cabin would get taken, so I dropped her an email. I sent the email at 4:38pm and got her response and the new invoice at 4:46pm. Amazing. 

I have worked with two CVPs (my first got promoted) and they were both outstanding. This is the only way to go when dealing with X, IMO.

Celebrity Vacation Planner | Celebrity Cruises

Tel: 1(888) 307-8413, Press 2, Ext. xxxxx | xxxxxx@celebrity.com

Office Hours: Monday–Thursday 11:00am-800pm EST. Friday 9-6pm est.

• Thanks 2

To confirm, these are the DIFFERENCES in prices between the 2 packages, correct?   If the classic drink package (which is included) is $69 pd/pp, and Premium is $84, you pay the $15 + 20% = $18 pp/pd for the upgrade?  For 2 people this would be a $252 upgrade on top of the All-Included Fare.

I assume this is the same going from the Basic Wifi to Premium - you pay the difference?

1 minute ago, cdel71 said:

To confirm, these are the DIFFERENCES in prices between the 2 packages, correct?   If the classic drink package (which is included) is $69 pd/pp, and Premium is $84, you pay the $15 + 20% = $18 pp/pd for the upgrade?  For 2 people this would be a $252 upgrade on top of the All-Included Fare.

I assume this is the same going from the Basic Wifi to Premium - you pay the difference?

Yes, full price upgrade to premium beverage from classic currently is $18 including gratuities. They seem to be offering pre-cruise discounts on that for some cruises plus depending on loyalty level, you can get a discount. So many get it for a little less than $18 a day per person.