Hidden Electrical Outlets

Aquadesiac

When we were on the Pacific Princess for the world cruise in 2018, we found a number of hidden outlets in our balcony cabin. 

1. Under the head of the bed, there was a European plug where we used our converter to plug in cpaps without having to string an extension cord across the room. 
  2. The plug in in the bathroom that was supposed to be for electric razors doubled nicely as our electric tooth brush charger. And there was another near the antique hairdryer.
  3. There was free plug-in behind the TV that I was able to use to create a charging station for my Portable Oxygen Concentrator.  

So here's my question: Have YOU found any extra plug-ins on Princess ships other than the couple on the desk/vanity area? If so, where? And on what ship and cabin type? 

I'm particularly interested in the Island Princess because we're toying with another WC, but I suspect there are others like me who would be interested in any ship because what's true for one may apply to others. Also, if you know of any more public plug-ins, please consider sharing those "hidden" gems! Thanks!

Both the Emerald and the Caribbean had an extra US one (or two) behind the TV (or where the TV used to be) that we made good use of.  We were in a balcony on the Emerald (TV had been mounted on the wall so these extra ones were easy to get to) and an Interior on the Carribean (it was pretty hidden behind the TV so a little trickier to get to).  

After we got back someone mentioned we probably would have found a European one behind the bed, if we had looked.

1 hour ago, Aquadesiac said:
  1. Under the head of the bed, there was a European plug where we used our converter to plug in cpaps without having to string an extension cord across the room. 

So here's my question: Have YOU found any extra plug-ins on Princess ships other than the couple on the desk/vanity area? If so, where? And on what ship and cabin type? 

I have not found anything else, but I can't recall a time when there wasn't a European outlet behind the bed in any of our outside or balcony cabins.  Sometimes the outlet is being used by a table lamp.  But with the right adapter, you can plug the table lamp back in and still get a 2 pronged USA outlet.  This works for a CPAP or any dual voltage device with a two pronged plug.

I have never been on the Island, and the Coral was so long ago so I can't guarantee that my experience is what you will find on the Island. 

Adapter.jpg.7b7ea0089ba52a374144953b4cb6c8e9.jpg

Thanks to both of you! 

I was hoping the Pacific Princess (May she sail on in peace as the Azamara Onward!) wasn't just a one-off. Duct-taping an extension cord across the room is an accident waiting to happen! 

2 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

When we were on the Pacific Princess for the world cruise in 2018, we found a number of hidden outlets in our balcony cabin. 

This is exactly what we do for our CPAPs.  I got the adapter that allows the original European plug to stay plugged in while my 110 volt adapter feeds off of that simultaneously.  You sometimes have to stand on your head to reach these plugs...but at least you only have to do it twice. Once at beginning of cruise and once at end.  Sure beats having that extension cord running across your cabin floor.

Was on the Discovery Princess in a balcony cabin this May.  Nice large flat screen TV hung on the wall with no access to a extra plug in as in the "old Days" when the TV sat on a shelf above the refrigerator. 

Bob

Was in an obstructed OV and a deluxe balcony on our recent B2B on Island Princess.  Both cabins had the Euro (Schuko) plug behind the headboard.  In the OV, I used a Euro to US adapter then plugged my iPad charger into that.  Had to go without the bedside lamp.  In the deluxe balcony, the desk was on the same wall as the headboard so I just ran my 10 ft usb to lightning cable to the nightstand.

For our upcoming cruise on Regal Princess I just ordered this adapter that will solve the problem of having to leave the bedside lamp unplugged since it has USB ports for my devices and a universal outlet for the lamp.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BGUWYYW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Edited by kb4683

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 7:48 PM, kb4683 said:

Was in an obstructed OV and a deluxe balcony on our recent B2B on Island Princess.  Both cabins had the Euro (Schuko) plug behind the headboard.  In the OV, I used a Euro to US adapter then plugged my iPad charger into that.  Had to go without the bedside lamp.  In the deluxe balcony, the desk was on the same wall as the headboard so I just ran my 10 ft usb to lightning cable to the nightstand.

For our upcoming cruise on Regal Princess I just ordered this adapter that will solve the problem of having to leave the bedside lamp unplugged since it has USB ports for my devices and a universal outlet for the lamp.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BGUWYYW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Would it be the one in your link or the Type C?  I'm staying in Italy first and Type C says it will work, but E/F doesn't mention Italy.  Would either one work on the ship?