Best Tampa Restaurant?

FliLady

Flying in a day early and want to know of a "must dine" restaurant in Tampa. Any suggestions?

Columbia in Ybor City is good. There are several good restaraunts at Channelside which is at the Port. Are you staying downtown?

If you are sailing Miracle and coming in a day early, go down to channelside and you can often see 3 ships sail off within an hour of each other (Inspiration, Veendam, and an RCCL ship, not sure which one), between 4 and 5 pm. The best place to eat and see them would be Bennigans or Margarita Mama's. As Host Terry mentioned, Stump's is a very good restaraunt there in Channelside, southern food like fried chicken and BBQ. I think they have live music 7 days a week. No view of the channel from there though.

I am cruising the Miracle on 4/9. XZ3K3X, please let me know how the shuttle services through Chase were. We have a 2 room suite booked for the night before sailing. I've heard good reviews, but heard they are very slow to transport you after the cruise. Remember to sign up for your shuttle service to the ship when you check in. Look forward to hearing about it....Happy sailing!

Flilady - Not happy to hear that the return shuttle may be slow but we will find out. We also have a 2 room suite booked and will definitely sign up for the shuttle when we check in and also remind them to pick us up.

I'll let you know.

In Tampa, a MUST visit is Berns Steak House.

www.BernsSteakHouse.com

I don't even eat steak, but this place is a must. Best fish, lamb, vegetables. Caviar and foie gras also. Largest wine cellar in the world - over 90,000 bottles. They even have a separate room for desserts.

Don't miss!

Jane

yep - this is the one

I fly to Tampa just for dinner here ...

ask your waiter for a tour of the kitchen and wine cellar - no problem.

Archived