Transportation from San Pedro port

heart2cruise

2 hours ago, imola said:

Do you think it would be the same rate to go to the hotel as the pier?  BTW you are a wealth of information thank you so much.

In theory, it should be, but I don't know the legal aspects of the flat rate. It might be specific for Airport to Port under a tariff from the California PUC, but  when I looked up fares, a metered fare was $49 and change, so it if is metered it should be no where near the $85 and $95 quoted.

Uber is easy (far easier than the Medallion app) and would be even less.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:45 PM, scottca075 said:

In theory, it should be, but I don't know the legal aspects of the flat rate. It might be specific for Airport to Port under a tariff from the California PUC, but  when I looked up fares, a metered fare was $49 and change, so it if is metered it should be no where near the $85 and $95 quoted.

Uber is easy (far easier than the Medallion app) and would be even less.

Thank you.  I am working on getting him to use Uber but if all else fails sounds like a taxi will work.  IF he chooses taxi I will have him confirm cost before getting in.

35 minutes ago, imola said:

IF he chooses taxi I will have him confirm cost before getting in.

If they can't do flat rate to the hotel, it would behoove you to know the two main routes; the 405 to the 710 (my preferred route, shorter and more entertaining) and the 405 to the 110.

https://goo.gl/maps/Dpeivw7rGzJRFyXS8

If you are arriving at LGB between 3PM and 6PM, all bets are off on estimated costs. That is prime traffic time M-F.

23 hours ago, 93yearsyoung said:

If they can't do flat rate to the hotel, it would behoove you to know the two main routes; the 405 to the 710 (my preferred route, shorter and more entertaining) and the 405 to the 110.

https://goo.gl/maps/Dpeivw7rGzJRFyXS8

If you are arriving at LGB between 3PM and 6PM, all bets are off on estimated costs. That is prime traffic time M-F.

Thank you.  flight is scheduled to arrive at 1:00 pm on a Wednesday.  I know that I am stressing out for no reason.  With everyone's help and wealth of info it will work out I am hoping. lol

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:07 PM, imola said:

Are taking the October 20th sailing to New Orleans?  If so we will be on the same ship again as I believe we both sailed the Navigator earlier this year.

No...we're on Serenade out of San Pedro for the Panama Canal Oct 2nd.

Yes...I believe we were on Navigator with you in January.

Hope you're doing well.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Ashland said:

No...we're on Serenade out of San Pedro for the Panama Canal Oct 2nd.

Yes...I believe we were on Navigator with you in January.

Hope you're doing well.

Hi, at least our minds think alike in travel itineraries. lol  I am doing OK.  Have more test next month just before the trip.  Hope that you are doing well also.  Have a great trip with smooth seas and safe travels. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:49 PM, imola said:

Can taxis and Uber do curbside pickup at Long Beach Airport as I know that they cannot at LAX?  Also I have looked at taxis in Long Beach and the reviews are pretty bad (i.e. not timely, dirty, takes long way for higher cost).  Although I have heard that they are easy to grab at Long Beach Airport.  I was hoping for a set fee from airport to hotel?

Uber Black will pickup curbside at LAX.

FWIW we just got off Navigator of the seas this morning(Monday) and we walked off at around 7:30, went through immigration and went to the medium/pickup area in front of Berth 92 (7:40) and called an Uber from there.  A little confusing if we tried the Uber app earlier inside the terminal as it kept picking spots outside the parking lot for pickup.  It took about 10 minutes more for the Uber to arrive, we were at LAX terminal 2 at 8:41.  There was a major traffic jam were we changed from 110 to 405 and again when we exited near sepulveda, otherwise the trip would have been sooner.  The total Uber ride was 50 minutes, 60$.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 8:14 PM, juksing said:

FWIW we just got off Navigator of the seas this morning(Monday) and we walked off at around 7:30, went through immigration and went to the medium/pickup area in front of Berth 92 (7:40) and called an Uber from there.  A little confusing if we tried the Uber app earlier inside the terminal as it kept picking spots outside the parking lot for pickup.  It took about 10 minutes more for the Uber to arrive, we were at LAX terminal 2 at 8:41.  There was a major traffic jam were we changed from 110 to 405 and again when we exited near sepulveda, otherwise the trip would have been sooner.  The total Uber ride was 50 minutes, 60$.

Thanks for sharing!

Taking the Vancouver to LA Pacific cruise on Serenade later this month.  First time getting into San Pedro port after the pandemic.  Apart from Uber, do you recall how much the Royal Caribbean's cruise airport shuttle would be from San Pedro to LAX?  We hate to line up for an hour amongst all the departing guests for Taxi/Uber.

TIA.

Edited by Honda.Daddy