Navigator Smoking areas

Christine4

I found  the statement below on the RSSC Navigator website.  Is this the most up-to-date information? Where would I find the Galileo and Connoisseur Clubs, i.e., what decks?

On the Seven Seas Navigator smoking is only permitted in  

Galileo's (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)

Cigar Smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club on applicable ships and the designated area on the opposite side of the Pool Bar.

Pipe smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club. Pipe smoking in open deck areas is considered an extreme fire hazard and is not permitted.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Galileo on 11 pool deck usually opposite bar in 10 no  connoisseur  club on navigator as I can tell.  

Lonedaddy - That is correct.  Navigator is the only Regent ship that no longer has a Connoisseur Club.  And I (along with a few others) certainly miss it.😢  The square footage was taken away during a remodeling project and used to expand the computer room or the Coffee Connection.  I forget which, but others will know the precise details.

As you said, there are two outside locations (on Navigator) for smoking but only the pool deck location is "approved" for us "Cigar Afficionados".  So... we sit in that one little corner of the pool deck (with mother nature providing plenty of air circulation), with a fine cigar, a good drink in hand, good conversation with fellow "connoisseurs", and observe/enjoy the random scowls and disapproving glares from a few passers-by, who want to not-so-subtly impart to us their "displeasure" of our presence/existence there (and on "their ship").

If Regent had asked for my "vote", I would have recommended that they not get rid of the CC in the first place...of course even that private, closed, and well-ventilated location also rankled some of "the flock", as well.  Regards 

23 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Lonedaddy - That is correct.  Navigator is the only Regent ship that no longer has a Connoisseur Club.  And I (along with a few others) certainly miss it.😢  The square footage was taken away during a remodeling project and used to expand the computer room or the Coffee Connection.  I forget which, but others will know the precise details.

As you said, there are two outside locations (on Navigator) for smoking but only the pool deck location is "approved" for us "Cigar Afficionados".  So... we sit in that one little corner of the pool deck (with mother nature providing plenty of air circulation), with a fine cigar, a good drink in hand, good conversation with fellow "connoisseurs", and observe/enjoy the random scowls and disapproving glares from a few passers-by, who want to not-so-subtly impart to us their "displeasure" of our presence/existence there (and on "their ship").

If Regent had asked for my "vote", I would have recommended that they not get rid of the CC in the first place...of course even that private, closed, and well-ventilated location also rankled some of "the flock", as well.  Regards 

I went to the CC often as DW was smoking there often - too cold in scotland for the pool deck.  I must say it never smelled bad nor did my clothes and the ventilation was fabulous.  Very fine conversation in there also including the current captain, head of F&B and the new captain coming on board!

• Thanks 1

To me, removing the Connoisseur Club from Navigator was a poor choice.  I don't smoke cigars that often, but I definitely enjoy one most nights while on a cruise.  Usually good drinks, great company, lively discussions, what's not to like?  I'd really like to see them find some space to build a new CC on Navigator somewhere...I really found that we got fewer snooty looks in the CC than we get on the pool deck.

A man can dream, right?  Jason, are you listening?  😛 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

T.I really found that we got fewer snooty looks in the CC than we get on the pool deck.

For the snooties :In a World Full of Karens, Be a Beth  Men T-Shirt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

To me, removing the Connoisseur Club from Navigator was a poor choice.  I don't smoke cigars that often, but I definitely enjoy one most nights while on a cruise.  Usually good drinks, great company, lively discussions, what's not to like?  I'd really like to see them find some space to build a new CC on Navigator somewhere...I really found that we got fewer snooty looks in the CC than we get on the pool deck.

Hi Bill - Heartily agree!  I look forward to enjoying a good cigar and a fine Single Malt with you someday on a Regent cruise!  😜

• Like 1