Can't book before 2-3 months , pricing?

KLMB

We've had to cancel a cruise because of my new bladder cancer.  The schedule is every 3 months at the doctor, surgery, wait 3-4 weeks, 6 weeks treatment, repeat.

I usually book well in advance of 2-3 months,( my new schedule).  Will I be able to find good deals and cabins with such short notice?  I've seen crown loft suites for 5500 for 2 and as much as 25,000 for 2.  It is the next cabin I want to cruise in, but worried that I won't find any deals on the lower end.  Has anyone scored this type of cabin on Oasis or Ovation class ships?  Thanks in advance.  Sailing anywhere from the US, destination doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, KLMB said:

We've had to cancel a cruise because of my new bladder cancer.  The schedule is every 3 months at the doctor, surgery, wait 3-4 weeks, 6 weeks treatment, repeat.

I usually book well in advance of 2-3 months,( my new schedule).  Will I be able to find good deals and cabins with such short notice?  I've seen crown loft suites for 5500 for 2 and as much as 25,000 for 2.  It is the next cabin I want to cruise in, but worried that I won't find any deals on the lower end.  Has anyone scored this type of cabin on Oasis or Ovation class ships?  Thanks in advance.  Sailing anywhere from the US, destination doesn't matter.

Really depends on the ship/itinerary/time of year.  We just got off EN last Thursday and it was sold out two months out.  At three months, mostly what was left was inside cabins.  Just an example because ports in FL are more likely to have availability than east coast or Alaska  which sell out quicker.

Edited by BND

The great deals during covid. I'm not sure you can hardly find junior suites on some of these cruise for 5k, well probably a JS but not a real suite for 7 days. 

Going going gone has a few suites listed but I'm assuming JS. Finding a inexpensive suite these days is going to be tough..go do some mock booking. Imo prices are up. My boardwalk balcony for dec would be about $2800 when I looked last week. Hotels and airfare are also up, not just cruises. 

Good luck and i hope you have some luck. 

Having relatives that survived multiple cancers, I'll pass on what they did.  They discussed trips with their oncologist, (or rather discussed with their medical advocate who communicated with the oncologist) and a couple months out from each upcoming trip whatever needed biopsies were taken, and treatments scheduled around travel.  The medical team even scheduled occasional treatments at cancer centers on the trip itinerary.  YMMV, but what could beat a CL for convalescence!

I hope you end up cruising soon!

My husband and I rarely book outside 3, maybe 4, months in advance. We booked last week at 61 days out with a CLS. We paid just above that lower range you listed; flexibility is key. I did a bunch of mock bookings to see what the lowest time frame was, with the itinerary we were looking for. Good luck!