Shoppers Drug W Pender Vancouver Covid Testing

We are arriving Vancouver September 9 2022 for cruise leaving September 11. We plan to get tested September 9. I went into shoppers drugs website and when I click make appointment the page has no where to go to next step. Has anyone tried making online appointment with them? I do not want to do proctored test, I just don't trust my computer skills and poor internet connection. I'm already too stressed over this. Any help will be appreciated. Which test do we need for cruise?

15 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

We are arriving Vancouver September 9 2022 for cruise leaving September 11. We plan to get tested September 9. I went into shoppers drugs website and when I click make appointment the page has no where to go to next step. Has anyone tried making online appointment with them? I do not want to do proctored test, I just don't trust my computer skills and poor internet connection. I'm already too stressed over this. Any help will be appreciated. Which test do we need for cruise?

You need a rapid antigen test.  Why not call them and ask about booking a test?

604-605-1200

10 hours ago, realnice46 said:

I will call but would like to know why I wasn’t able to do online. I thought someone who had done it would have an answer.

I've done it at a Shoppers in Ottawa.  Maybe you can't book an appointment at this specific SDM because, despite what they may lead you to believe, they don't offer online bookings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 5:17 PM, realnice46 said:

I would just give them a call on their local number for that specific location.    

Shoppers parent company is Loblaws. Basically they are the largest retailer in Canada with thousands of drug stores and grocery stores.  They are reputable.  I have booked tests on the sight when it was needed to fly into the us.  It is screen after screen asking questions.  I would just call instead.   

8 hours ago, em-sk said:

I would just give them a call on their local number for that specific location.    

Shoppers parent company is Loblaws. Basically they are the largest retailer in Canada with thousands of drug stores and grocery stores.  They are reputable.  I have booked tests on the sight when it was needed to fly into the us.  It is screen after screen asking questions.  I would just call instead.   

I will try that.

If you don't want to do Shoppers there is also a testing company in Sinclair Center (at 757 West Hastings).  Sinclair Center is an office building that houses federal government offices, with the bottom two floors are full of retail shops.  There is a COVID testing location there among the retail locations.  They are about 1-2 blocks away from the cruise ship terminal. 

https://covidtravelvancouver.ca/

The shoppers on W Pender is a slightly longer walk from the cruise ship terminal but would have longer hours.

Edited by em-sk