Question re Non-Alcoholic Beverage Packages

MarkWiltonM

I am contemplating buying a non-alcoholic beverage package in order to drink espresso, cappuccino, cafe Americano, etc. as well as non-premium bottled water.

The Classic Non-Alcoholic Package is described by Celebrity as "Coca-Cola sodas, plus fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water."

The Premium Non-Alcoholic Package is described as "Coca-Cola soft drinks, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from vitaminwater."

In the first, less-expensive package, Celebrity's wording is "premium coffees and teas" and in the premium package they change the wording to "specialty coffees and teas."

I won't use the package enough to warrant the premium package, and I've sailed enough on Celebrity to know that you either get free "regular" coffee from the buffet and dining room or you order specialty coffee (espresso drinks) in Cafe al Bacio or as a special order in the buffet or dining rooms. To my knowledge, there is no middle tier of "premium coffee" in between regular and specialty coffee. 

Am I missing something? If I buy the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package do you think I have to worry about whether this includes espresso beverages?

Edited by MarkWiltonM

I doubt by your description that you would need the Premium.  

I don't drink but get Premium Drink Package free as a Zenith perk.   Prior to hitting Zenith I wouldn't get a package at all and would get free Cappuccino's, Late's etc free with the Elite Plus perk. I believe that most people choose the Premium to get the Premium Water, energy drinks and I believe the smoothies in AquaSpa (they are not the icy smoothies).

The Premium Coffee's to my knowledge are the ones with booze in them. 

You could always buy the Classic and if you find drinks you buy are over the top and the difference in the price to Premium is cheaper than just paying the difference then you could always upgrade at any bar.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I researched that question too, and specialty coffees also included some fancier frappe and other coffees, which you can see at the end of the Bacio menu online. I wouldn't think that alcoholic coffees would be included in the non-alcoholic package at either level. The Celebrity website has a menu for the Spa Cafe with fancy wellness juices and smoothies, which are part of the premium package--sort of like JambaJuice smoothies. The other confusion I haven't been able to find answered is are mocktails part of the classic non-alcoholic package, or require a premium? The only verbiage lists frozen mixed drinks as part of the premium, but neither mentions non-frozen non-alcoholic mocktails. I'm sort of tempted to just avoid all the confusion and just settle for urn coffee (especially since it's Lavazza), buy espresso in cold Alaskan ports, and get the soda package, especially since it supposedly contains Coke and Sprite Zero and non-caffeine Diet Coke and options for the evening. The other packages are simply too confusing, and I'm afraid Cafe Bacio will be swamped anyway with Alaska cold and rainy days next week, and I'm crowd-shy after getting Covid on my cruise last month. 

• Like 1

If it helps, we had an AI on a cruise which is really the basic alcohol package.  So I think the basic non-alcohol should be the same without the alcohol.  

We were able to get Cappuccinos,  Lates, etc. at Bacio without a problem (except with a lot of people getting AI there always seemed to be a line on our Bermuda cruise).

I personally thought the free coffee was pretty bad (some of the worst I have had at sea), so we opted for the basic non-alcohol package.  I think between the espresso drinks, soda, and bottled water it will more than pay for itself.  We don't drink enough alcohol to justify the AI package.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I am contemplating buying a non-alcoholic beverage package in order to drink espresso, cappuccino, cafe Americano, etc. as well as non-premium bottled water.

The Classic Non-Alcoholic Package is described by Celebrity as "Coca-Cola sodas, plus fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water."

The Premium Non-Alcoholic Package is described as "Coca-Cola soft drinks, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from vitaminwater."

In the first, less-expensive package, Celebrity's wording is "premium coffees and teas" and in the premium package they change the wording to "specialty coffees and teas."

I won't use the package enough to warrant the premium package, and I've sailed enough on Celebrity to know that you either get free "regular" coffee from the buffet and dining room or you order specialty coffee (espresso drinks) in Cafe al Bacio or as a special order in the buffet or dining rooms. To my knowledge, there is no middle tier of "premium coffee" in between regular and specialty coffee. 

Am I missing something? If I buy the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package do you think I have to worry about whether this includes espresso beverages?

If you are Elite+ you don't need either. The teas and coffees you need are free and you can get enough water between 5 and 7 to get you through the day.