Suite expanded menu? Non-pinnacle ships

J0Y0US

Wondering if anyone has some examples of the expanded menu? We might do a last minute Alaska cruise through HAL. I prefer specialty and suite specific dining venues as I feel the food quality is up a couple notches typically so was hoping this might be the case with HAL even though its not in its own specific restaurant.

The only thing I am aware of for Neptunes is an expanded breakfast menu.  Nothing for Lunch nor dinner.  However, Club Orange customers (which Neptunes are) do get an extra entree at dinner.

Maybe Crew News (board member) has some example menus.

Suite specific dining venues?  The only place that is suite specific (Neptune Suite & above) is the Neptune Lounge with it’s continental breakfast, lunch nibbles and hors d’hoeuvres.

Holland America does not have separate dining for suites. 

Just now, kazu said:

Suite specific dining venues?  The only place that is suite specific (Neptune Suite & above) is the Neptune Lounge with it’s continental breakfast, lunch nibbles and hors d’hoeuvres.

To clarify it sounded like there was extra menu items in the MDR on ships that did not have Club Orange. Sounds like it might be a single menu item each night possibly.

1 minute ago, J0Y0US said:

To clarify it sounded like there was extra menu items in the MDR on ships that did not have Club Orange. Sounds like it might be a single menu item each night possibly.

Actually, the menus in Club Orange dining area are the same as the MDR (except for the one extra item daily).  The older ships in the MDR just have a separate menu for Club Orange patrons, again the same except for the one extra item.

20 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

The only thing I am aware of for Neptunes is an expanded breakfast menu.  Nothing for Lunch nor dinner.  However, Club Orange customers (which Neptunes are) do get an extra entree at dinner.

Maybe Crew News (board member) has some example menus.

Here are the menus for all 7-Day Alaska cruises for this season.  Note that there is an additional item than can be ordered by Club Orange guests.

Alaska 7-Day MDR Menus

• Thanks 3

I knew Crew News would come through!  Now - is Gala night always on days 2 and 5 ?  On my upcoming Eurodam cruise I was thinking it would be day 2 and 6 due to early port day (7-1 pm) on day 6 in Ketchikan.

A few other Club Orange extra choices that I recall on my Norway cruise were Shrimp Jambalaya (served on one of the gala dinner nights), Lamb loin, Seared Tuna Salad (basically an entree sized dish even though it's marked as appetizer), and ham/ pork belly steak. I went to specialty restaurants 2 of the  7 nights however.

52226590037_558ca82f93_k.thumb.jpg.a3aaed474d9434245ed6cbcd1622dad4.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.87a54602853cd3e5c0d0192d0aab8122.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8ac4fe21537f0a7e2f793229ad34bfd8.jpeg

Edited by vicd1969
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Not entirely true.  On non-Pinnacle-class ships, the Pinnacle dining room is open for breakfast in the morning for suite guests (Neptune and Pinnacle).  I believe, but am not completely sure, that people who pay for Club Orange are excluded for this.  And of course on Pinnacle-class ships, suite guests can dine in the Club Orange dining room for breakfast and dinner, as can other guests who pay additional for Club Orange.

2 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Not entirely true.  On non-Pinnacle-class ships, the Pinnacle dining room is open for breakfast in the morning for suite guests (Neptune and Pinnacle).  I believe, but am not completely sure, that people who pay for Club Orange are excluded for this.  And of course on Pinnacle-class ships, suite guests can dine in the Club Orange dining room for breakfast and dinner, as can other guests who pay additional for Club Orange.

Oops forgot about the breakfast.  Thanks for the correction.

and yes, on the non Pinnacle class ships, people who pay for Club Orange are excluded from the breakfast in the PG.