Karaoke machines question

Are they able to change key? 

I have never been near a karaoke machine but people insist you have to do it least once in your lifetime. 

My vocal range if you can call it that makes a lower key necessary. 

Thanks....Jewel of the Seas btw

Edited by goldfish65

I've not seen them do much more than select the songs.  I'm assuming that, depending on the machine, lots of options are available, but the staff running it may not know how to do much more than they're required to do.  I'd ask, if you're concerned.

OTOH, just go for it.  The majority in the room will think Key is something you buy.

The staff is taught to push a button and play.  They're nice enough, but most of them don't know more than what they are taught.  We actually ended up running a show on the Vision during a Baltic cruise (we ran Karaoke for about 25 years) because the staff couldn't get the equipment running.  The equipment they have (mostly CAVS), has the capability of changing key, but I wouldn't expect most of the staff running it know how to use it. 

• Thanks 1

DH and I have had this problem many times on cruises.  The staff running Karaoke don't even know what you're talking about when you mention changing key.  DH has shown them how to do it and most, (not all) are willing to try to accommodate you.  

• Thanks 1