Changes post refurbishment- Jewel class Haven

Lisa86

Hi fellow CC,

I am currently planning to book an upcoming trip and am looking at the Jewel class ships (Jade, Gem etc) as love their layout and size etc.

There are a group of us so currently looking at sharing cabins etc to minimise costs.

Having been on the Jewel class ships prior to their most recent refurbishment and prior to Covid-19 I've notice some changes in looking at reviews etc.

I have been considering the three-bedroom Garden Villa for us all but photos from prior to post refub and Covid have changed in terms of furniture in  the outdoors area- there previously was a canopy sunshade covering over outdoor seating but post-refurb photos do not show any sunshades being provided, even on the deck chair areas around sun loungers. If this is the case I am quite surprised given that most sailings are to climates which are sunny!

We will have a toddler with us so having shaded areas on cabin balcony areas and on deck is understandably important, but just wondering if any one who has been on recently post refurb and post covid-19 can advise?

Also-- do the small fridges have freezer areas at all? It seems so long ago I was on board I cant remember!

Many thanks everyone!

We - myself and my children and their spouses - and 2 grandchildren (22 and7) just returned on July 3 from Bermuda on the Pearl. We were in the 3 bed GV and it was absolutely wonderful. We spent most of our time at the outside table which has great views and is under roof. We had an umbrella on the upper deck. The great thing is - there is a lot of furniture stored through a door that’s in the wall of the upstairs partition. Our deck steward was just so wonderful and friendly. I’m sure if you requested an umbrella to be placed on the lower deck they would accommodate that. The refurbished interior was great and so was our butler, room steward, concierge and deck steward. I did as suggested and gave our butler a letter explaining our story and letting him (or her) know that they would be helping create these memories for us after the death of my husband. He said the letter touched his heart. We had him come in early 6:30 - before we were up - to bring coffee, etc for the early risers. It was always on the dining room table and we never heard him come or go. Let me know if I can help with anything else. I have lots of pictures but not sure what you might want to see. 

• Like 3

On 8/6/2022 at 3:28 PM, Artcricket said:

We - myself and my children and their spouses - and 2 grandchildren (22 and7) just returned on July 3 from Bermuda on the Pearl. We were in the 3 bed GV and it was absolutely wonderful. We spent most of our time at the outside table which has great views and is under roof. We had an umbrella on the upper deck. The great thing is - there is a lot of furniture stored through a door that’s in the wall of the upstairs partition. Our deck steward was just so wonderful and friendly. I’m sure if you requested an umbrella to be placed on the lower deck they would accommodate that. The refurbished interior was great and so was our butler, room steward, concierge and deck steward. I did as suggested and gave our butler a letter explaining our story and letting him (or her) know that they would be helping create these memories for us after the death of my husband. He said the letter touched his heart. We had him come in early 6:30 - before we were up - to bring coffee, etc for the early risers. It was always on the dining room table and we never heard him come or go. Let me know if I can help with anything else. I have lots of pictures but not sure what you might want to see. 

Thank you, that is really kind and really helpful! Looking forward to enjoying it all and glad you also had a wonderful time! GV is ideal for sharing with family yet having own space (and additional showers) too! 🙂