On Board Balance - Post Cruise

JDB78

Just checking if there is any way of checking your on board bill once you return home? I was keeping one eye on the myholiday.pocruises.com site but just wanted to double check as never got a final statement or anything like that.

It is very unusual not to have had a final statement posted to your cabin on the final morning - never heard of that before (unless somebody took it!)

You could try asking Customer Services - I know for a fact that it is not impossible (or at least it wasn't a few years back) for them to access your onboard account - but knowing P&O's current Customer Service I feel you may have an uphill battle on your hands.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I wonder whether they’ve changed to emailing a copy after you return home like Princess? It took a fortnight to arrive though. 

I got a print out from one of the machines on both Sky Princess and Emerald Princess as we walked back to the cabin on the last evening of the cruises because I like to know what is going to hit our accounts.

On both occasions I need not to have bothered  because I got the emailed copy as we were driving home.  Perhaps like everything else the timing is a bit hit and miss.

• Like 1

I never saw my account on Britannia, Celebrity Edge or Regal Princess save for emailed versions. Britannia was the quickest arriving on the morning of departure, Edge second at 24 hours and Princess only received 14 days after return.  I had checked each account the night before departure but even then ended up with a query on Edge as the $100 "test" on boarding amount still showed up for 3 days.

10 hours ago, FangedRose said:

You can view your account through the 'app. It's worth using just for that even if you don't want to book dining and entertainment. 

What app is it? I saw the website page being advertised onboard and used it to book shows and keep an eye on my account. The page only worked when connected to the ships WiFi however.

I'm 99% sure what got charged to my credit card is correct just would have been nice to check it didn't get a hard copy delivered - or at least didn't seem to be one there in the morning when we left.

Would have been a lot less if the kids would have stayed out of the shop. I'm sure a colouring book + some colours was about £25 then the Mrs in the jewellery shop didn't help either 🤔

5 hours ago, JDB78 said:

What app is it? I saw the website page being advertised onboard and used it to book shows and keep an eye on my account. The page only worked when connected to the ships WiFi however.

I'm 99% sure what got charged to my credit card is correct just would have been nice to check it didn't get a hard copy delivered - or at least didn't seem to be one there in the morning when we left.

Would have been a lot less if the kids would have stayed out of the shop. I'm sure a colouring book + some colours was about £25 then the Mrs in the jewellery shop didn't help either 🤔

Yes, that's the same 'app'.

6 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Yes, that's the same 'app'.

Yes found it very useful onboard, but sadly doesn't work once back home.

Oh well - we were in a rush to get off ship on day of departure as took our own cases to speed things up with having relatively long drive ahead of us. It's possible we just didn't see the letter outside the cabin in the morning, but certainly didn't see it. Just in too much of a rush with 2 kids, lots of luggage and didn't stop to think about the final balance - well until we got home. Lesson learned but hopefully not one that's cost us anything.