Interesting topic on P&O board.

1 hour ago, Jim The Scot said:

We must have the cheap version of the App up our way.Only vaccine status and thats it

I think this viewing of records on the NHS App is supposed to happen by November at the latest. I can't view mine so will be ringing the practice to see if the results of my ECG last week are back yet, Then I can request a copy in writing, needed for my insurance company.

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

I think this viewing of records on the NHS App is supposed to happen by November at the latest. I can't view mine so will be ringing the practice to see if the results of my ECG last week are back yet, Then I can request a copy in writing, needed for my insurance company.

I may well be wrong D but not so sure thats the case in Scotland regards viewing records on  NHS app.Pretty sure they,re set up differently.Think ours was set up by the same folk that run Marella/TUI website 😅.Besides ..our FM is too busy siphoning money from the budget to other things like a referendum

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

We must have the cheap version of the App up our way.Only vaccine status and thats it

Down here some have to contact their GP Practice to ask them to give access to their records via the app.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi HM.

I don’t know if it will work for you but when we installed the NHS App ( the one where you get your vaccination status for traveling)  you can opt in to view your GP records in the same app. It comes under …..View your GP health record.

Keep well.

B -  On our NHS App, under your GP health record, with various headings - Immunisations, health conditions, test results, consultations and events, documents, I get the David Walliams response

'You do not currently have access to this section' (aka computer says no!)

We can order prescriptions and see appointments booked - but can't book any online since Covid

'

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

B -  On our NHS App, under your GP health record, with various headings - Immunisations, health conditions, test results, consultations and events, documents, I get the David Walliams response

'You do not currently have access to this section' (aka computer says no!)

We can order prescriptions and see appointments booked - but can't book any online since Covid

'🤦‍♂️😂

1 hour ago, gsgbrumuk said:

Down here some have to contact their GP Practice to ask them to give access to their records via the app.

Similar system up here but we cant access records via app

To see your records you will have to apply to the organisation that is responsible for them, for example:

• your GP practice manager
  • your dental surgery manager
  • the records manager at your hospital

You don't need to give a reason for wanting to see your health records.

When writing, you should say if you:

• want to just see your records or also have a copy 
  • want all or just part of your records
  • would like to get your records in a format that meets your needs

You may also need to fill in an application form and give proof of your identity.

You will usually receive your records within 30 days of making an application and paying the admin fee if applicable.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:30 PM, Jim The Scot said:

Similar system up here but we cant access records via app

To see your records you will have to apply to the organisation that is responsible for them, for example:

• your GP practice manager
  • your dental surgery manager
  • the records manager at your hospital

You don't need to give a reason for wanting to see your health records.

When writing, you should say if you:

• want to just see your records or also have a copy 
  • want all or just part of your records
  • would like to get your records in a format that meets your needs

You may also need to fill in an application form and give proof of your identity.

You will usually receive your records within 30 days of making an application and paying the admin fee if applicable.

That all sounds simple enough Jim. Not everyone has a smartphone. I particularly like how you may have to give proof of your identity,

Can't be too careful with your personal data these days.

Well, after filling out and signing the required forms for our paper records, we arrived at GP surgery, to encounter a different receptionist, who suggests - why not request digital access.

Anyway, original forms were shredded by receptionist, whilst we fill new forms in. and 3 hours later we are viewing our records online via the 'Patient Access App'

Result!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

Well, after filling out and signing the required forms for our paper records, we arrived at GP surgery, to encounter a different receptionist, who suggests - why not request digital access.

Anyway, original forms were shredded by receptionist, whilst we fill new forms in. and 3 hours later we are viewing our records online via the 'Patient Access App'

Result!

Glad that you have got it sorted.  Do you sometimes think that they give patients the runaround on purpose?🤔

• Like 1

I'm not sure really, apart from phone waiting times are usually 15-20 mins, and we still can't book appointments online since the pandemic, which is understandable to a degree.

Looking at the surgery car park which we pass regularly, many appointments must be by telephone, as its virtually deserted of patients and doctors cars most days

More cruise woe here. i have a fully paid for Discovery cruise in September and a 14 night Explorer one booked for late November with a final payment date of 30th August. Fourteen days ago I had my annual diabetes review delayed by over 2 years because of Covid. They found I have an irregular heartbeat so I had a ECG the same day.

Today the practice said they will talk to me about the results on the 31st August - aargh. If follow up tests are required I won't be able to go on either cruise, claiming for cancellation on the September cruise and not paying the final balance on the November one. The practice is not very flexible on timings. What chance that my TUI TA could delay the final payment date whilst I report the results to the insurance company 😟

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

More cruise woe here. i have a fully paid for Discovery cruise in September and a 14 night Explorer one booked for late November with a final payment date of 30th August. Fourteen days ago I had my annual diabetes review delayed by over 2 years because of Covid. They found I have an irregular heartbeat so I had a ECG the same day.

Today the practice said they will talk to me about the results on the 31st August - aargh. If follow up tests are required I won't be able to go on either cruise, claiming for cancellation on the September cruise and not paying the final balance on the November one. The practice is not very flexible on timings. What chance that my TUI TA could delay the final payment date whilst I report the results to the insurance company 😟

So sorry to hear about the very difficult situation you find yourself in Dave. Sorry I can't help with the answer regarding your final payment. I hope you find a positive solution to the problem. 

A prescription for Beta Blockers is sometimes required to regulate an irregular heartbeat. Hopefully that is all that will be needed in your case. 

You will be so disappointed to miss your cruise but health comes first. Take care

Hi Dave, sorry to hear about your situation. I would contact your practice and explain the situation and that you could lose money.  Ask them to bring the appointment forward or see if they can at least give you a telephone consultation.  I'm sure they can make exceptions in certain situations.  If you don't ask, you don't get is my motto !

Good luck 

6 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

So sorry to hear about the very difficult situation you find yourself in Dave. Sorry I can't help with the answer regarding your final payment. I hope you find a positive solution to the problem. 

A prescription for Beta Blockers is sometimes required to regulate an irregular heartbeat. Hopefully that is all that will be needed in your case. 

You will be so disappointed to miss your cruise but health comes first. Take care

I have been taking beta blockers for a long time to regulate high blood pressure. My at rest pulse rate used to be a steady 60 per minute, now it varies in both rate and rhythm. Four weeks seems a long time to wait for analysis of  an ECG. I am beginning to suspect that the analysis has not been done yet.

10 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have been taking beta blockers for a long time to regulate high blood pressure. My at rest pulse rate used to be a steady 60 per minute, now it varies in both rate and rhythm. Four weeks seems a long time to wait for analysis of  an ECG. I am beginning to suspect that the analysis has not been done yet.

Good morning Dave.

sorry to hear that your plans have been scupperd but sorting out your health must take priority. My youngest daughter has an irregular heartbeat and she’s was discharged years ago and she’s not on any medication for it. As I recall  one of the procedures was they monitored her heart rate etc using a wearable ecg machine for a few days.

Regarding the test results “no news is good news”  they are usually pretty quick if they find anything amiss.

Hope that you can get your upcoming trips sorted,  I think you may have a better chance as you use a travel agent as opposed to trying to phone them.

look after yourself.😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davecttr said:

Lets hope you get results soon Dave. Hopefully all that will be needed is an adjustment in your medication. I think you would be seen more urgently if there was any real concern.

I have also been on medication for HBP for years and have also been prescribed betablockers to regulate my heart rate.

I only found out I had HBP when I went for holiday vaccinations and the nurse checked my BP. My BP was 190 and my resting pulse 100. The nurse said you are going no where. However after seeing my very laid back GP she allowed me to go on holiday and said she would check again when I got back as lots of people have HBP and don't even know it.  So off I went for a three week holiday with sky high BP and no medication. I was fine and started medication when I got home. 

• Like 1

Sorry to here your predicament Dave. I would call the surgery as suggested by Dronnygirl, explain the situation and ask if the they get any cancellations, to contact you perhaps. Missed appointments would appear to be commonplace at our GPs, judging by the pronouncements on our surgery notice boards

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

Seriously if you are planning a cruise i would apply for a credit card through your bank. Use it only for emergencies if that makes you happier and then cut it up after your holiday and let your bank know you no longer need it.

The other thing is to make sure that you have credit cards with different 'providers'   ie one from each of mastercard and visa.  I was once in a situation where one provider's site had failed and you couldn't use those cards - so I had to use the other one.

• Like 1