Cuba Summer 2023?

My son really wants to cruise to Cuba for his graduation trip.  Do you think there is any chance it will be open by Summer of 2023?  I saw that the Biden administration announced it will be easing sanctions, but do you think it will ease enough to allow cruising again by then?  Should we hold out or just plan something else?  

55 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

My son really wants to cruise to Cuba for his graduation trip.  Do you think there is any chance it will be open by Summer of 2023?  I saw that the Biden administration announced it will be easing sanctions, but do you think it will ease enough to allow cruising again by then?  Should we hold out or just plan something else?  

Your guess is as good as ours. I would plan on something else.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You know someone at Cordelia Cruises who may make Empress available?

I was lucky enough to sail with RC on the Empress in 2017 to Cuba.  It was an amazing trip.  Cordelia mainly is sailing in and around India I thought?  

It seems unlikely before 2025. While Biden may not agree with the changes Trump made in 2019, he's unlikely to move to anger Cuban-Americans in Florida before the 2024 election. I was lucky enough to go on the late Majesty in 2018 and hope to go again, once the ban is lifted.

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The Federal government is suing cruise lines for the Cuba cruises when they did happen. Not a chance they resume.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/legal-regulatory/cuba-cruise-lawsuit-appears-headed-jury-trial-miami

Actually, no. The federal government enabled the suit from Havana Docks, Inc. which owned the docks before 1959 when Cuba nationalized the docks.