11pm sail away NYC?

Trela1234

I just realized that our May 2023 cruise on the Joy to Bermuda out of NYC has an 11pm sail away time! We’ve been on many cruises out of NYC, but we’ve never had an 11pm sail away! Since it’s a later time, does it mean we won’t be able to get on the ship until later in the day? I’m hoping we can still get on the ship at the normal time (usually by noon)! If you’ve sailed out of NYC this late,  how did you like it? 

10 minutes ago, Trela1234 said:

I just realized that our May 2023 cruise on the Joy to Bermuda out of NYC has an 11pm sail away time! We’ve been on many cruises out of NYC, but we’ve never had an 11pm sail away! Since it’s a later time, does it mean we won’t be able to get on the ship until later in the day? I’m hoping we can still get on the ship at the normal time (usually by noon)! If you’ve sailed out of NYC this late,  how did you like it? 

What time does the ship get into port?  6:00? 12:00, 17:00?

I am not sure. The cruise that is in the week immediately before our cruise is a cruise that ends in Florida on 5/12/23. Our cruise starts in NYC on 5/14/23. So, sometime between 5/12/23 and 5/14/23, the ship will arrive in NYC. 

Edited by Trela1234
Wrong word

11 minutes ago, pdmlynek said:

What time does the ship get into port?  6:00? 12:00, 17:00?

I am not sure. The cruise that is in the week immediately before our cruise is a cruise that ends in Florida on 5/12/23. Our cruise starts in NYC on 5/14/23. So, sometime between 5/12/23 and 5/14/23, the ship will arrive in NYC. 

Edited by Trela1234
Wrong word
  • Like 1

Usually when the ship reposition empty from Florida to New York the ship travels at a slower speed. It takes about 2 day for the ship to go from Florida and New York.

most likely the ship will be arriving in New York later in the afternoon on the May 14 causing the late embarkation time

• Like 1

I believe that the upcoming sailing on August 21 of the Breakaway from NY has a similar circumstance.  It is sailing from Florida to New York without passengers and isn't scheduled to arrive until 2;30 and scheduled to depart at 11pm.

Maybe keep an eye on that roll call and it will give you an idea of what you can expect.

It seems the big issue is that they are allowing people to pick check in times starting at 9am before the ship even arrives.

Though, at least once they dock and clear the ship you should be able to get onboard and go directly to your stateroom as there will be no disembarking passengers.

Also, remember that you will need to pay tax on any drinks you order while docked at the pier in NY.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

You are charged for and paying an extra or full day of DSC for that late night departure, assuming that she's on time & will sail as scheduled before midnight 🤔😉  Do try to get onboard as early as you can to enjoy that afternoon & evening while docked. 

Especially, if the MDR & Specialty Dining will operate as usual with regular hours and there's no longer a midnight buffet of any kind. Great if you flying in on that day & better odds of not missing the ship's all abroad time of 9 pm 😁

Edited by mking8288