Norwegian Breakaway 9am Boarding...What do I need to know?

hrt4girls

Hey Cruisers,

We are boarding Breakaway on Sunday.  So excited!  We chose the 9am boarding time.  I've never boarded so early and really didn't think passengers were allowed on until 11ish.  I am assuming that the port will be busy with passengers leaving.  A few questions.......

Will we be held in the waiting room for an extended time period for the passengers to exit the ship?  

We will have all of our paperwork completed and our covid vax and tests ready to present. How long does the actual check-in take? 

When we cruised on Celebrity post-covid, we were instructed to go to our cabins to get our sea pass cards and drop off our carry ons, but we could not stay in the cabin since it wasn't ready yet.  Is that the same with Norwegian?

When will the lunch venues open?

Will the dinner reservation desk be open for us to update our choices?

Anything else that we should do when we board, considering the lines should be shorter?

thanks

5 minutes ago, hrt4girls said:

Hey Cruisers,

We are boarding Breakaway on Sunday.  So excited!  We chose the 9am boarding time.  I've never boarded so early and really didn't think passengers were allowed on until 11ish.  I am assuming that the port will be busy with passengers leaving.  A few questions.......

Will we be held in the waiting room for an extended time period for the passengers to exit the ship?  

We will have all of our paperwork completed and our covid vax and tests ready to present. How long does the actual check-in take? 

When we cruised on Celebrity post-covid, we were instructed to go to our cabins to get our sea pass cards and drop off our carry ons, but we could not stay in the cabin since it wasn't ready yet.  Is that the same with Norwegian?

When will the lunch venues open?

Will the dinner reservation desk be open for us to update our choices?

Anything else that we should do when we board, considering the lines should be shorter?

thanks

You choose 9 AM check in time, you will be waiting around till boarding time. Unlike Celebrity, you have to wait in line for your sea pass and not have access to your cabin till sometime after 1PM. ( I am spoiled by Celebrity embarkation)

Typically 9am is your arrival time not boarding time. probobly by 9:30 check in process starts, going through security then getting all your cruise cards. then go to waiting area untill your group is called. Usually by 11:15 to 11:30 they start boarding with Haven guests first.