Both coffee maker and kettle in room?

Snowcat1

30 minutes ago, Snowcat1 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to have both a coffee maker and a kettle in your room (PV1)? I drink tea and my husband drinks coffee.

The cabin comes with a coffee maker and pods for either tea or coffee. Coffee is semi strong (I think it is almost as tasty as The Library coffee); I am not a tea drinker, so don’t have an opinion of the tea.

Thanks, but I am really particular about my tea. I don’t usually like tea from a pod, where I can’t control the strength. As well, I really dislike the taste of coffee and if coffee has been made in the machine, I can taste it in my tea.

We also won't drink tea from anything used for coffee. Best tea on the ship was from the Living Room Bar. We both drink multiple cups of tea daily and for 4 months on Viking Sun, we never found a need to have a kettle in the cabin.

Gave the cabin steward the coffee machine on day 1, so we had extra storage.

• Like 1

We always ask for a kettle in the room upon embarkation because we prefer tea and I bring my own Barry’s Decaf Irish tea bags. We’re not coffee drinkers so we have our room steward take the nespresso machine away—then there’s more room for storage in the cubby hole. I imagine they would give you a kettle too even if you kept the coffee maker. There are tea bags in the WC and at the bars at various times.

The other thing that you can do, especially if this is morning, is just schedule Room Service to bring tea, or the hot water and the tea bag on the side.

One thing that you are not allowed to do is bring your own portable tea kettle - they consider these appliances a fire risk.

I don't think there is enough room for both the coffee service and a tea kettle. We had the coffee items removed and got the tea kettle.  I like the fresh made coffee in the Living Room and that is my first AM stop.  We both like tea and tend to drink it in the evening before bed while watching something on the TV.  Don't want to be disturbed by room service once we retire to the room.  Loved how the kettle heated almost instantly.