Proceed to Green Lane Medallion app

olegna

Anyone have an experience with Princess at NY Red Hook with this app?

Does this app actually speed up the processing?

Do I still have to lineup with everyone?

Appreciate any experiences.

Will be using this on August 15th.

Thanks.....

Edited by olegna

• olegna changed the title to Proceed to Green Lane Medallion app

Although I have never embarked from Red Hook, I can offer comments on the app and the checkin process in general.  Yes, it does seem to speed things up a bit. Yes, there will likely still be a line you need to join unless you happen to be some of the very LAST passengers to board! (Ask me how I know about *that* one!)

Don't stress out if you have issues getting the app to work for you!  Many people do have issues.  Just be sure and take all documents with you to the terminal.  I have almost always been able to achieve "green lane" status but I always take hardcopy or electronic copies of everything.  (BTW, "green lane" status simply means that you have successfully satisfied all of the hoops that the app wants you to jump through.   MANY people have successfully boarded Princess ships that do not even have smart phones...so obviously that should tell you how "critical" having the app filled out really is!  (NOT)

• Like 2

I’ve read several time to be sure to “take all your documents” with you, even if you are green lane. We are green lane for our September cruise. This is the first time we have used the app. Please share a concise list of all the documents you need to take with you to the pier. Thanks, Jan 

5 hours ago, Grammy J said:

I’ve read several time to be sure to “take all your documents” with you, even if you are green lane. We are green lane for our September cruise. This is the first time we have used the app. Please share a concise list of all the documents you need to take with you to the pier. Thanks, Jan 

Proof of vaccination

Passport

Negative Covid test which can also be on your phone

Medallion

I also print out my travel summary which lists perks, excursions, flight info etc. 

I didn't have to even show my app for my last 3 cruises.  They really didn't pay any attention to your boarding group unless you are Elite, Platinum or in a suite where you have a separate waiting area after you stand in line with everyone else.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, suekel said:

Proof of vaccination

Passport

If your itinerary includes a port in Canada, add the ArriveCAN QR code (can be printed or displayed in an app).

• Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 10:37 PM, suekel said:

Proof of vaccination

Passport

Medallion

I also print out my travel summary which lists perks, excursions, flight info etc. 

I didn't have to even show my app for my last 3 cruises.  They really didn't pay any attention to your boarding group unless you are Elite, Platinum or in a suite where you have a separate waiting area after you stand in line with everyone else.  

I printed our test results....just in case something happened to my phone prior to boarding. 

• Like 1