Able to request queen bed or 2 twins???

I don't recall if you are able to request in advance to have the beds pushed together as a "queen" or kept separated as 2 twins. We will be sailing on Oasis in a central park balcony, and I was wondering if it is possible to have the beds separated by letting them know ahead of time. Is there any way to do this in advance?

Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Yes, this is possible in advance or while on the ship by asking your stateroom attendant.  In advance is best.

Do I just call in and request it, or is there somewhere on the app I can request this?

4 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Please call whomever you booked the cruise with, either Royal or your travel agent.  Easy change.

I've rarely seen them do it early. Easy fix during evening turndown, though

If you booked on your own, there should be an option when you log in on the website and manage your reservation.  If you booked through a TA,  your TA may have to be the one to do it.

But it is very easy to fix on the first day, if it isn't right (and they do seem to default to together).

• Like 1

My daughter and I have been cruising on Royal for the last ten years or so, and have never found the beds separated on embarkation day, even if we requested it in advance. Pushed together in one large bed seems to be the default position. That makes perfect sense since it is probably the most popular option, and the stewards don't have to worry about special requests on that busy busy day when most of their guests will be new to them.  However, telling the room steward (or leaving a note) will make it happen before you get back from dinner. 

I often cruise with a friend. Usually we have to ask for the beds to be separated. On Mariner we had a fabulous state room attendant named Charles. When we got to the room the beds were already separated. When I asked how he knew, he said we were of same gender with different last names and age groups. While he could have assumed wrong, he saved himself and us the hassle .

Ha, ha, ha. Many years ago, when we were on Song of America, our 3A confirmation showed 2 beds made into a queen. It was not. My husband had a fold out twin from the couch, and I had a fold down Pullman across the room. We waved at each other! :classic_biggrin:All the rooms now (except for Owner's suites on older ships) can adjust them the way you want them. 

• Haha 1