Stocking Fridge with Desired Beverages?

Ben100014

2 hours ago, luvtravelms said:

Do you send your preferences before you sail? 

Yes

2 hours ago, luvtravelms said:

If so, where do go to do that? 

We have our TA do it for us.

You can also contact Special Services directly if you wish.  I just like the assurance I get knowing our TA has taken care of our requests for us.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NetworkGuy said:

What is the best way to make special requests?

From above

On 8/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Yes

We have our TA do it for us.

You can also contact Special Services directly if you wish.  I just like the assurance I get knowing our TA has taken care of our requests for us.

2009 (I think): Request Diet Dr. Pepper on NYC to Montreal fall cruise. Wasn't in our fridge. Annoyed but shrugged it off. 

First stop Rhode Island. Walking down the pier we see pallets of food to be loaded on including one with a few cases of Diet Dr. Pepper. They were restocking in RI instead of NYC (my guess is that it is a lot cheaper to do so there!) 

That night when I got back from our tour, the Diet Dr. Pepper was in our fridge. 

Contrast that to Crystal: Boarded in Perth Australia. Didn't request Diet Dr. Pepper because it isn't sold in Australia (it isn't sold in much of the world). Sometimes a specialty American shop will have it, otherwise it is almost impossible to get (and that includes some parts of Canada.) 

First time I'm at a deck grill restaurant I see a waiter going by with a can of Diet Dr. Pepper on a tray. I go ask at the bar, sure enough it is a regularly stocked item, so I had it daily between Perth and Capetown. 

A lot depends on who the cruiseline uses for their suppliers and how big the ships are and their general cliental. For Crystal, it was Americans. For Silversea it was a much more international mix of passengers. 

• Like 2

I’ll be on SS for the first time next February. What are items you like to have stocked in your stateroom?  What other personalizations do you request on your cruises?  I don’t really mean specialized, ahead-of-time requests, but rather from SS typical offerings, what do you particularly enjoy?  What might I not think to request? 

I'm not overly particular.

• I usually request a mattress topper for the bed ahead of time as I like to sink in a bit.
  • Once onboard, I request a bottle of single malt for my suite (usually Macallan or Glenmorangie is readily available), sparkling and still water be left on the desk, and a champagne stopper if one isn't in sight.
  • I also have a personal humidifier if the Suite is too dry and let my butler know not to throw away the empty water bottle next to it, as I just filch one along the way and refill it from the tap.  No need to replace.
  • No standing orders for me; I rarely have meals in my suite, but will often ring Room Service for Pommery and caviar when I hear the dressing gong to help put me in the proper frame of mind for dinner. <g>
  • And speaking of dinner, if a preview menu for the Restaurant is not included with the next day's Chronicles, I will also request that one be provided.

Hmmm.  Now I seem to appear more a fuss pot than I thought!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There are refillable glass carafes of still and sparkling water in the frig. I ask that they both be still and left out to be room temperature. 

I find the rooms too warm (in constrast to the public rooms which are a comfortable, cooler temperature) so ask for a fan. 

Edited by TER777

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 9:36 AM, JJRP said:

I’ll be on SS for the first time next February. What are items you like to have stocked in your stateroom?  What other personalizations do you request on your cruises?  I don’t really mean specialized, ahead-of-time requests, but rather from SS typical offerings, what do you particularly enjoy?  What might I not think to request? 

I usually ask for a bottle of an after dinner liqueur (either Amarula,, Bailey’s or Grand Marnier) in my cabin, as I enjoy a nightcap on the veranda.  

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 4:47 PM, NetworkGuy said:

Did you make the request onboard or before hand?

I always request beforehand now.   The butlers have so much to do during the embarkation timeframe with greeting all of their new guests, showing everyone the new lifeboat video, etc., etc. - especially now, when everyone is embarking during the same time window.  It is surely easier for everyone if the requests can be stocked during the turnaround time before guests embark.       

I'll be on my first Silversea cruise in December. I appreciate the information you experienced cruisers are providing.

Are you saying that I can request to have sugar-free gingerale? Is there a place on the website to do this? Do I ask my travel agent to request it?

Thanks in advance.

35 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Are you saying that I can request to have sugar-free gingerale?

Yes

36 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Is there a place on the website to do this?

No

37 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Do I ask my travel agent to request it?

Yes, as well as SS Special Services department.

10 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Yes

No

Yes, as well as SS Special Services department.

Thank you! My TA is also a very dear friend, and will be traveling with us. I'll ask him to request the sugar-fee gingerale.

• Like 1