Ew York disembarkation

nasus2

Our New England cruise docks at New York at 6 am. Without carrying our own luggage off but with adjusting our 

disembarking time slot to earliest  - what time do you think we would be clear to take taxi to our hotel.  We will need to get 

hotel (Times Square 5th avenue) to store our luggage and come back later to check in . My tour leaves from 770 7th avenue and I am trying  to work out if I can make 10 am tour. 

im not familiar with princess, or taxi times in busy New York.  
would appreaciate thoughts from more experienced cruisers.

thank you

sue and peter

-Your ship will dock at Red Hook in Brooklyn

-Earliest non-self disembarkation would be around 8am, maybe a little earlier

-If your cruise is one way from Quebec City to Brooklyn then you will pass through U.S. immigration at the first port of call and there will be no immigration in Brooklyn.

-If your cruise is a RT from New York then you will have to go through immigration in Brooklyn. This may take 15 to 30 minutes.

-Taxis are all parked outside the terminal.

-Drive time to Times Square is around 30 to 45 minutes. Can be longer with traffic.

-It will be tight timing. Remember it is normal to tip taxi drivers in the U.S. 

-Suggest you take early walk off where you wheel all your own luggage. Early walk off starts around 7am. It is much quicker, no searching for luggage, quicker through immigration (if required). Less traffic earlier in the morning.

6 hours ago, nasus2 said:

Without carrying our own luggage off but with adjusting our 

disembarking time slot to earliest  - what time do you think we would be clear to take taxi to our hotel.

As the previous poster mentioned, you will most likely have to carry your own bags off to make this work. You are not docking in Manhattan. 

6 hours ago, nasus2 said:

We will need to get 

hotel (Times Square 5th avenue) to store our luggage and come back later to check in . My tour leaves from 770 7th avenue and I am trying  to work out if I can make 10 am tour. 

What are the cross streets for the hotel? 5th Ave doesn't go through Times Square-- its two long blocks to the East of it. The reason I ask is that you will most likely have a good 10 min walk once you drop bags to 770 7th which is 7th between 50th and 51st Streets so keep that in mind.