Marriott Beach Resort Day Pass

Luvmypups

On 8/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, Luvmypups said:

Does anyone have any input on Resort For a Day’s Marriott Beach Resort day pass in Curaçao?  We’ve not been to Curaçao and we’re looking for a beach day. 

Wev'e been to Curacao a few times, but decided to do a poo/beach day rather than another tour. I booked the Marriott for the 3 of us, and hoping it's a good decision. We are on the Enchanted Princess, and at the resort on November 26. 

Darcy

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, charlnel said:

We will be in Curaçao in early November and are also looking at the Marriott. Did you book online or did you have to call? Also, do you know the cost in US dollars? Thanks for any help 🙂

I booked online, using the pull down menu on my TA's web site. I put in the cruise we're on and it comes up with offerings for each port. It was $139 pp. This includes transportation to and from the resort, access to pools and ocean, lounge chairs and towels, WiFi and a $65, pp credit for food and beverages at the Salty Iguana Ocean Grille. Once I did the reservation, my TA added this to the booking so it's covered by cruise insurance.

We've used Resorts on previous cruises and have been very happy with the porduct.

Darcy

I see the 139pp (USD) option using the organized tour folks, but I also see an option to book directly with the Marriott for 75pp (NAF).  The organizaed tour includes transportation, so it is not exactly apples to apples, but given that there are 0.59 NAF per dollar right now, it seems like a great deal to book directly with the hotel.  Is there something that I am missing?

16 hours ago, ileys said:

I see the 139pp (USD) option using the organized tour folks, but I also see an option to book directly with the Marriott for 75pp (NAF).  The organizaed tour includes transportation, so it is not exactly apples to apples, but given that there are 0.59 NAF per dollar right now, it seems like a great deal to book directly with the hotel.  Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks for the info on the 132.00 option. I did see that option, but was interested in booking the cheaper rate through the hotel. That was why I asked if you have to call the international number or if there was an online option for just the hotel.

On 8/24/2022 at 5:11 PM, ileys said:

The exchange rate to the USA dollar is $1.00 equals NAF 1.75 - 1.80 depending on where you exchange (it is not .59 NAF ). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All - 

We did end up booking the Marriott Resort through RFD, which included round trip transportation - included in that rate gave us about $80 each to spend at the pool-side bar/restaurant.  Chairs/towels/cabanas/umbrellas poolside or on the beach were included. It was a very nice place and we had a great day, wasn’t crazy crowded and didn’t have to fight to find chairs.  Our pick-up time at the port was 9am, so we did get to the resort fairly early.  It was a nice relaxing day and I would do it again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 9:21 AM, Luvmypups said:

Hi All - 

We did end up booking the Marriott Resort through RFD, which included round trip transportation - included in that rate gave us about $80 each to spend at the pool-side bar/restaurant.  Chairs/towels/cabanas/umbrellas poolside or on the beach were included. It was a very nice place and we had a great day, wasn’t crazy crowded and didn’t have to fight to find chairs.  Our pick-up time at the port was 9am, so we did get to the resort fairly early.  It was a nice relaxing day and I would do it again.

What is RFD - sorry, I probably should be able to figure that out.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We will be there next month, did anyone book directly through the hotel?if so what was the cost of the taxi to get there?  It does seem cheaper unless I am missing something in the exchange rate…

thanks

• 2 months later...

We were there last week. We paid c. $40 each (with c. $20 F&B credit), making the reservation directly with the hotel.

1) $10 to go (unlicensed, 'man with car' scenario negotiated on the walk to the Renaissance shopping area). $20 coming back, from a (presumably) licensed taxi waiting outside the lobby. I thought this was really steep for what is such a short ride.

2) Yes. A card is provided to exchange for a towel (1 each, and they hold ID to make sure they get the cards/towels back!)

It was a great day, the resort is very nice - but top tip, if you want to swim in the sea, take water shoes (we didn't). It's very rocky in some places. Not much to see if you have snorkelling equipment either but we did enjoy both pools and the beach itself.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2022 at 7:48 AM, ChickonRules said:

The email to reach them without calling is: sales@curacao-marriott.com.

Thank you for this info ChickonRules. I emailed them yesterday and they promptly replied.

The cost is 

• NAF 75 per ($42.13) Adult with a NAF 35 ($19.66) food and beverage credit included

Copy of DAY PASS AD (1) (1).png

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2023 at 1:57 PM, Captain-John said:

We were there last week. We paid c. $40 each (with c. $20 F&B credit), making the reservation directly with the hotel.

1) $10 to go (unlicensed, 'man with car' scenario negotiated on the walk to the Renaissance shopping area). $20 coming back, from a (presumably) licensed taxi waiting outside the lobby. I thought this was really steep for what is such a short ride.

2) Yes. A card is provided to exchange for a towel (1 each, and they hold ID to make sure they get the cards/towels back!)

It was a great day, the resort is very nice - but top tip, if you want to swim in the sea, take water shoes (we didn't). It's very rocky in some places. Not much to see if you have snorkelling equipment either but we did enjoy both pools and the beach itself.

I live in Curaçao and beg to differ, snorkeling there us usually very good, I snorkel there often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bup1224 said:

I live in Curaçao and beg to differ, snorkeling there us usually very good, I snorkel there often.

Hey!! Hope all things are well down on the island. Miss you guys terribly and trying to find a ship most notably Princess that will bring me back to your home. 

This Marriott Day Pass, I've done these before on other islands and always had a lot of fun with them. Since the Santa Barbara sold out to Sandals and seeing how Sandals doesn't do day passes is this Marriott Day pass the best way to go now as far as day passes in around around Willemsted? Thank you for your help. 

Todd

I miss having dinner on the river. What a treat. I was in Willemsted on Thanksgiving 5 or 6 of them the lights downtown are BEAUTIFUL. One of the best vibes in the Southern Caribbean every time. I'll be back. 🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Hey!! Hope all things are well down on the island. Miss you guys terribly and trying to find a ship most notably Princess that will bring me back to your home. 

This Marriott Day Pass, I've done these before on other islands and always had a lot of fun with them. Since the Santa Barbara sold out to Sandals and seeing how Sandals doesn't do day passes is this Marriott Day pass the best way to go now as far as day passes in around around Willemsted? Thank you for your help. 

Todd

I miss having dinner on the river. What a treat. I was in Willemsted on Thanksgiving 5 or 6 of them the lights downtown are BEAUTIFUL. One of the best vibes in the Southern Caribbean every time. I'll be back. 🙂

I certainly hope you can come back!

I would say Marriott or Avila. 

• 2 weeks later...