Wait times

jimbo1683

You may have tried this, but sometimes using a different browser solves the problem.

A few days ago, couldn't get a final payment button to work on a webpage. Changing browser revealed a conditions checkbox that had been hidden on usual browser and when checked allowed the rest of the payment stages to proceed.

Not had that experience as I too use a TA for Cunard.

Our award winner appears to be 40 miles SSW of you.

• Like 1

I suspect the last two posters and I use the same TA.  We have always found them excellent until the last cruise, when it seemed likely the horrors of covid had hit them, so they took an exceptionally long time to answer the phone.  Most recently, however, it has been improving, though not yet back to pre-covid phone answering times.  Even so, once I have got through, they have been to the same standard as before.  It is only the time to answer that is still a bit of a problem, but it is improving..

Edited by WestonOne

7 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

So far have been holding for an hour trying to make final payment this morning because i keep getting an error message when trying to pay online. Crazy.

I can only back up the usage of an agent who will do the legwork for you.

I know naming names is banned so won't even try to be cryptic other than to say  I reckon he is one of the best in the business and is not part of any well advertised biggie.

He most definitely will not be the only one who is superb at his job.  They do the 'donkey work' for you.

1 hour ago, techteach said:

Gotta ask another dumb question —- where on the U.S. site is the place to pay your final bill?

You haven't missed it. There isn't anywhere on the Cunard US website for us to make our final payments online.

On the Cunard UK website, there are several sections within "Manage my booking".

1. "Personalise your voyage" (which leads to the login screen for "My Cunard")

2. "Pay your balance" 

3. "My account"

4. "Book and sail with confidence" (with a link to the Covid-19 hub)

As you no doubt know, on the Cunard US website "Manage my booking" leads directly to the login page for "My Cunard". We don't have the "Pay your balance" feature.

I suspect many of those who book directly with Cunard here in the US opt in to have Cunard take the final payment automatically from the same card that was used to pay the deposit.

As an aside, we don't have the "My account" functionality here in the US either. That essentially provides a login to the site associated with the Cunard World Club number to manage communication preferences, see FCC amounts and auto-populate fields during the booking process.

We did briefly have the "My account" functionality here in the US when it was first introduced, but not any longer. It is still possible to stumble onto the "My account" login page here in the US. That page rather optimistically states it is "currently undergoing maintenance repairs" and "Please know our teams are working hard to get My Account Login and Registration up and running again." It's been that way for well over a year now.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1