Pre-cruise testing and time of test based on local time or the 'proctor' location time

vermonter16

I'm a little confused about booking an appointment online.  We are from Tennessee but will be traveling to Vancouver, BC and need to test 2 days after we get there.  But, when I book a time, do I book it in Eastern Standard time or Pacific time?  I haven't purchased any proctor tests yet but I'm wondering if I enter in my state if it will do the local time in Tennessee. 

If using eMed they date stamp the time as GMT.     As long as you take your test any time after 12:01 MIAMI time two days prior to the cruise you are ok.    So for Sunday cruise any time after 12:01 (just after midnight) will be ok. 

When I used the OnPoint they asked me what time zone I was in and my test showed PDT>

On 8/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Rapidtestandtrace.com also uses GMT and will show your local time zone at the time of the test if requested.  Makes no difference where the proctor is located

Thanks, that's helpful.  That will let us test before our travel day.  Travel day is already frantic enough as it is.

A couple of questions about Rapidtestandtrace

• what type of virtual tech did they use?  Zoom?
  • what type of personal info?  Just birthday, and name, right?  No social security number I hope
  • Did they want cruiseline and cruise booking number?  Some online proctors ask for this, but people have wondered here on CC why it matters...
Edited by mpk

On 8/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, Jim_Iain said:

When I used the OnPoint they asked me what time zone I was in and my test showed PDT>

What if a customer replied "London"... that is essentially GMT  😃

Edited by mpk

I agree, I don't want to give my social if I don't have to - why on earth would that be necessary.  So, technically, if I used rapidtestandtrace.com I could test at 8pm Wednesday night and be covered for a Sunday sailing under GMT....unless they put Pacific time on there..not sure I want to take that chance in case they put PST on there....but the test just stresses me out.

Edited by vermonter16

4 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

I agree, I don't want to give my social if I don't have to - why on earth would that be necessary.  So, technically, if I used rapidtestandtrace.com I could test at 8pm Wednesday night and be covered for a Sunday sailing under GMT....unless they put Pacific time on there..not sure I want to take that chance in case they put PST on there....but the test just stressed me out.

Quit worrying about time zone or time of day.  For a Sunday sailing, test on Friday (2 days) or Thursday (3 days) where you are located.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, jwlane said:

Quit worrying about time zone or time of day.  For a Sunday sailing, test on Friday (2 days) or Thursday (3 days) where you are located.

That's easier said than done  😀

With the chaos in air travel, many people are now arriving two nights before embarkation.  That would mean testing on flying day, difficult to do.  Or testing at embark city, assuming you find good wifi or have an international data plan.

3 hours ago, mpk said:

That's easier said than done  😀

With the chaos in air travel, many people are now arriving two nights before embarkation.  That would mean testing on flying day, difficult to do.  Or testing at embark city, assuming you find good wifi or have an international data plan.

Why is it hard?  We cruise on a Friday.   Decided to use GMT with an 8am appointment on Wednesday.   Testvwill be date stamped Wednesday at 8ish GMT on Wednesday.   You have no idea where the proctor is located and they don't know where you are calling in.  Doesn't matter.

My DW simply suggested breakfast time two days before we board as easiest.

18 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Why is it hard?  We cruise on a Friday.   Decided to use GMT with an 8am appointment on Wednesday.   Testvwill be date stamped Wednesday at 8ish GMT on Wednesday.   You have no idea where the proctor is located and they don't know where you are calling in.  Doesn't matter.

My DW simply suggested breakfast time two days before we board as easiest.

Everyone has different flight times and is located differing distances from the airport.  And every trip is different.  Say for example, an early international flight when you are two hours from the airport.

What is hard for me may not be hard to you  😀

Edited by mpk