Is there seaweed on Coco Cay?

42 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You seem to know a lot about CocoCay. When was the last time you were there and how many times have you been there recently. I have been there 5 times since the restart in June of 2021, so I can report facts from my 5 times there. 

What does your or my experience  have to do with anything.  Are you going to guarantee anyone that there won't or will be seaweed at CocoCay tomorrow or the next day or in two months................?  Please do that for me, would you! Do you think that CocoCay is immune from seaweed?  I'm willing to put my best foot forward and say, YES, there will be seaweed making its way onto the beaches of the Bahama, including CocoCay at some point in the near future if not already there now (it's 10:43 PM at night, if the island management is doing it's job, it will be removed by the time the first passenger arrives.  That's IF there is some wash ashore tonight).

BTW, what did you say anyway.  You've been there 5 times.  Did you see any seaweed on the beach(es)?  You didn't say.  However, if you say no, one of two things happened.  1.  None washed ashore since the last time they groomed the beach(s) or 2.  The beach(es) were groomed before you got there that day.

And yes, I've been to CocoCay once.  But, I'm not relying on that one visit at all for my comments.  There is seaweed in the ocean, some of it eventually lands on beaches indiscriminately.  There are news reports saying that seaweed is becoming or has become or both a problem in the eastern and northern Caribbean.  There are people in this very forum saying that there has been seaweed on CocoCay. 

I have no idea what or why the issue or pushback is here.  I'm so confused about this.  It is ludicrous to think that any beach in the Caribbean can't possibly experience seaweed.  And it doesn't matter if they do, it can be removed/groomed off of the beach as evidenced by the photographs in this very thread.  

EDITED IN:  And I never claimed I knew a lot about CocoCay.  But, I do have some common sense, a lot of experience in the Caribbean and the Southeast Coast of Florida, and of some (very little) knowledge of our eco system AND I have the ability and desire (most of the time) to research before I put my foot in it.  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You qualify as a CocoCay expert then!  

Nope, don't want that handle.  Don't need that handle.  I'm just a guy with some world experience, who grew up in the general location and know something about seaweed.  

I'm getting all the sarcasm here.  But, I'm not getting any intellectual counter statements/evidence.  

BTW, I'm starting to think that this is all a joke.  One other poster can only do the "HAHA" button but offers no evidence of the lack of seaweed on, I guess, the exempted island of CocoCay.  I wonder if Mother Nature has that exemption certificate on file somewhere?  Maybe one of you can ask her for it and produce it for everyone to see.