Choice air

HappyPlace1

1 hour ago, KY Deb said:

We just booked our first Azamara cruise for Oct. 2023.  Very excited.  Last year, I booked flights through Choice Air for a Celebrity cruise that was cancelled.  Since it was through Choice Air and before final payment, I had not paid for my flights before the cancellation which  was lucky. Looking at their website for this Azamara cruise, (too early to make flight reservations, but just playing around),   it doesn’t say anything about air fare  not due until final cruise. payment.   Is this still the case, or do you pay when you make the flight reservations?  

The cost of the flights are added to your final balance which you don't have to pay until that final payment due date.

32 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

I got BC seats fir half the cost the airlines quoted on their website; however, it's clear you've made your decision so enjoy whatever vacation you arrange.

At the suggestions I called choice air again.  The person I spoke with did have bizness class. It's only $7,784.77pp on Delta Air.  The owner's suite we booked was only $16.598.28.  Is there anyone who wants to pay $32,167.82 for an 11 night Greek Isle cruise?  That's about $1,500pp/pn.  That doesn't include hotel and excursions or shopping.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Prices have definitely increased.  I am booked through Choice Air on Delta Air.     NY to Bordeaux (change planes in Paris) and return  Venice to NY  (nonstop) for approx. half of what they quoted you.

In addition Choice Air includes transfer from ship to Venice airport..

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your lovely accommodations .

On 8/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, Lois10028 said:

I haven't called the air lines recently, but I will--   Choice Air roundtrip air fare was considerably lower for the same flights on the Air France and Delta Airline's website..

Are you flying home from Venice?  

Be careful with those 1 hour 20-50 minute connections through CDG.  If anything goes wrong you aren’t likely to make it.  We started late out of JFK, waiting for luggage, and didn’t make up the time.  Then security wanted to count the straws in my suitcase, yes the literally handled most of them!  I still don’t know what he was looking for but he was alone and holding up everyone behind me.  He wasn’t interested in the large lithium batteries hubby carried through. 

you must go through security again when you change from international to domestic (Europe). 

As for making overseas reservations from the US I’ve always gotten the message that it can’t be done online and to call instead. 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:52 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

Since the airlines pricing directly are now charging about $6K pp for the Bizness flights to Venice and return from Athens, I don't believe Choice Air could be much less.  Based upon that, I do not want to take this cruise.  You can have our flight seats and cabin. lol

Don't give up yet.  I know a TA that decided business was too expensive from Florida to Cape Town so she booked Premium but on Emirates to get even nicer sets. Of course she has to go through Dubai.  

also consider a consolidator through a travel agent some of those flights can be locked in lower prices.  

7 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Be careful with those 1 hour 20-50 minute connections through CDG.  If anything goes wrong you aren’t likely to make it.  We started late out of JFK, waiting for luggage, and didn’t make up the time.  Then security wanted to count the straws in my suitcase, yes the literally handled most of them!  I still don’t know what he was looking for but he was alone and holding up everyone behind me.  He wasn’t interested in the large lithium batteries hubby carried through. 

you must go through security again when you change from international to domestic (Europe). 

As for making overseas reservations from the US I’ve always gotten the message that it can’t be done online and to call instead. 

I agree with you-- the connection concerned me.  I am using Luggage Free to ship my luggage-- and will use a carry on for my stay in Bordeaux.  Hopefully my luggage and I will both make it to the ship.

6 hours ago, Lois10028 said:

I agree with you-- the connection concerned me.  I am using Luggage Free to ship my luggage-- and will use a carry on for my stay in Bordeaux.  Hopefully my luggage and I will both make it to the ship.

If you are going from Bordeaux the flight to CDG would be domestic and avoid the extra security.   Who knows what happens in the Bordeaux airport though.  

good luck.

26 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

If you are going from Bordeaux the flight to CDG would be domestic and avoid the extra security.  

Nope.  Coming from an international flight, you will have a security screening as you process immigration into the Schengen zone.  Not sure why you think a "domestic" connection would be exempt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lois10028 said:

Have you used Luggage Free before?  I'm very interested in hearing about your experience with them.  If you get a chance, could you post how it all went.  Thank you.

6 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Nope.  Coming from an international flight, you will have a security screening as you process immigration into the Schengen zone.  Not sure why you think a "domestic" connection would be exempt.

The change of terminals is what caused us to have to go through security in CDG.  We also did immigrations there too.  We flew non stop from jfk to CDG international terminal, and then connected with a domestic flight to Venice.