Suite Perks

WJBonds

Hi boys and girls. Hope you can refresh my memory.  Have been on 2 previous Seabourn cruises and have also sailed on Silversea, Regent, Crystal, etc.  I am now looking at a 14 day Seabourn Encore cruise that has a very large price difference between a Veranda cabin and a Penthouse suite.  So, besides the obvious extra room in the cabin, what will I be missing if I book the Veranda?

Apart from the extra space, in a PH you get a coffee maker and more Molton Brown toiletries. Also, there’s a dining table that can seat four. 

In a PH, you can also close off the glass-enclosed sleeping area (as opposed to just pulling a curtain between the seating and sleeping areas). 

In the PH suites, there’s also a vanity area in a corner of the bedroom (in the veranda suites, there’s a smaller vanity located in the main traffic area). 

You also get additional Seabourn Club points when you book PH or higher suits. 

A downside of PH suites:  they are on upper decks, which means that you’ll feel more motion in rough weather. 

That’s all I can think of. 

Additional differences have occurred to me: first,  in a PH, there are two doors into the bathroom (one from the hall; the other from the sleeping area and through the closet). Second, there are three entrances to the closet (one from the hall and the others from the bedroom and bathroom ). Third, in a PH you can close off the toilet from the rest of the bathroom:  if you have guests visiting your suite, they can use the toilet and a separate sink without having access to the tub/shower/dual-sink area. 

So — the PH is laid out to permit more flexible traffic flow. 

You do not get additional MB toiletries in the PH suites.  Previously, the toiletries came in 80ml tube for the >=PH suites instead of 50 ml tubes for regular suites, but since SB is converting to big refillable bottles in all suites, there should no longer be this size distinction.

Also, you do not get more variety of toiletries.  (In the spa penthouse suites, however, you do get a few more toiletry items such as loofahs, as well as a few other amenities such as spa waters, tea blossoms, and bottled juices.)

17 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

Third, in a PH you can close off the toilet from the rest of the bathroom:  if you have guests visiting your suite, they can use the toilet and a separate sink without having access to the tub/shower/dual-sink area. 

17 hours ago, DC Traveler244 said:

in a PH, there are two doors into the bathroom (one from the hall; the other from the sleeping area

This arrangement describes the way my Signature Suite on the Prinsendam was arranged.  I really liked this.  My traveling companion could be using the bathroom when we were preparing for the day/evening while I used the mini-bathroom.  

24 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

This arrangement describes the way my Signature Suite on the Prinsendam was arranged.  I really liked this.  My traveling companion could be using the bathroom when we were preparing for the day/evening while I used the mini-bathroom.  

Yes -- the bathroom and closet arrangement makes it easier when two people are trying to get dressed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Still only one toilet until you go further up the suite chain, owners suite had an extra guest bathroom not attached to the master.

That was not true on the Prinsendam.  My traveling companion had hers and I had mine.