CocoCay - Chill Island question.

zebra

I was wondering if it's necessary to wear water shoes for swimming at Chill Island (or any of the other beaches)? The most ideal beach for us would be one with a sandy bottom.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, zebra said:

I was wondering if it's necessary to wear water shoes for swimming at Chill Island (or any of the other beaches)? The most ideal beach for us would be one with a sandy bottom.  Thank you.

We have been there over 80 times and never wear water shoes.  We love Chill Island down from the Snorkel Shack.  We grab our free loungers/umbrella and enjoy the beach for the day.  Have fun.  We are back again next weekend.

Although only once, I have pulled an unbroken glass bottle off the bottom in Chill area last time we were there.  Was around 7' of water so probably nobody would step on it.  We wear water shoes even though seldom touch bottom.

I think you should bring water shoes because if you should go over to the big Oasis pool, the cement is HOT in and out of the pool.   Also this time of year the sand is hot and you should wear them anyways to protect your feet against anything in the sand,

I found chill island to be one of those beaches that my feet would not be happy without water shoes.