ARRIVE CAN SAYS NO COVID19 TEST FOR ENTRY

Has anyone seen this statement on the ArriveCan website under Pre-entry test results? It says, "Fully vaccinated travellers do not need to submit a pre-entry COVID-19 test result to enter Canada by land, air or water." Am i reading this wrong or is it a mistake? Because the cruise lines are saying you need a test to enter Canada because it's their requirement. Screenshot_20220808-210315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.871c96d53e99f8651a25cda9eae4fdcc.jpg

10 minutes ago, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

Has anyone seen this statement on the ArriveCan website under Pre-entry test results? It says, "Fully vaccinated travellers do not need to submit a pre-entry COVID-19 test result to enter Canada by land, air or water." Am i reading this wrong or is it a mistake? Because the cruise lines are saying you need a test to enter Canada because it's their requirement. Screenshot_20220808-210315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.871c96d53e99f8651a25cda9eae4fdcc.jpg

There are separate requirements for cruise ship passengers, and testing is required:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Starting an international cruise in Canada or arriving by cruise from another country

These requirements apply to cruises:

arriving in Canada from a foreign country

starting in Canada, but travelling outside Canadian waters and then returning to Canada (for example, if docking in the United States for a shore excursion)

All travellers are required to:

complete ArriveCAN no more than 72 hours of initially boarding the cruise. This includes:

any traveller who recently submitted ArriveCAN to enter Canada via land or air

Canadians embarking on an international cruise from Canada that will return to Canada

take a pre-embarkation COVID-19 test before embarking on a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point in the itinerary

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#pre-embarkation-test

Pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing

All travellers 5 years of age or older must have a COVID-19 test to board a cruise ship in Canada or to board a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point on the cruise. You must provide proof of one of the following accepted types of test results:

Proof of a professionally administered or observed negative antigen test taken no more than 2 days before you’re scheduled to board your ship

Proof of a valid negative molecular test taken within 72 hours of your scheduled boarding time

• Like 3

So if I’m reading this correctly, my cruise that embarks in Vancouver but ends in Honolulu does not require a COVID-19 test? Confusing language maybe I’m misunderstanding what it is saying.

All travellers are required to take a pre-embarkation COVID-19 test before embarking on a cruise in Canada, even if the cruise ship is not leaving Canadian waters

Travellers who are staying within Canada throughout their entire journey or who are leaving Canada and not returning don’t have to complete ArriveCAN.

Edited by Bocadude85

3 minutes ago, Bocadude85 said:

So if I’m reading this correctly, my cruise that embarks in Vancouver but ends in Honolulu does not require a COVID-19 test?

Nope. Testing is required before boarding but you do not to do ArriveCAN. B93653A0-4DD8-4EA4-B4CB-970EB6D8A40C.thumb.png.6591c33ce531382ef69df7fbba414dbb.png

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I don't recall having to upload test results to ArriveCan.

Correct. They did away with that requirement a few months ago. 
 I believe that still claim to have the right to randomly test but I doubt that would happen on a cruise. 

1 hour ago, KSSS2013 said:

Correct. They did away with that requirement a few months ago. 
 I believe that still claim to have the right to randomly test but I doubt that would happen on a cruise. 

Yes, to enter Canada by air you need to be vaccinated but do not need to do a COVID test.  

What they are doing now, if they randomly select people entering Canada to get COVID tests.  The tests are not done at the airport of entry.  The goal is to get a statistically significant sample size to know if/when tighter controls are required should a new variant appear.  

That is independent of what is required for the cruise itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Jewel trip to Alaska. We cruised out of Vancouver. We flew out of Boston and had to do the ARRIVECAN to enter first stop-flight to Toronto, then on to hotel in Vancouver which had to be listed. Toronto was a horror show, to put it mildly. It took two+ hours to make our way thru the area where we had to scan our passports into these big machines and verify all of the info we had already answered in the ARRIVECAN online. We then had to weave our way into the customs line, where we were waved right thru, although some people were made to see a customs agent. By the time we got to our gate, we had 20 minutes before the next flight started boarding. Thankfully we had a 3 hour layover or we would have missed our connection. There were hundreds of people, all trying to figure out what to do, with very little assistance from the poor employees who were just trying to get the masses of people moving in the direction of the empty machines. Very, very frustrating and unorganized.