Aft cabins?

OneSixtyToOne

We experienced #4123 on Viking Star we really enjoyed this view, it was so nice looking back onto the ocean from the balcony and the ships wake. It was as  quiet as a ship can be, and peaceful, interesting enough we had a swallow visit us migrating north in spring taking a break on our balcony, it was so cool to see. We let it take its time to rest before it carried on.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wavetripper said:

We experienced #4123 on Viking Star we really enjoyed this view, it was so nice looking back onto the ocean from the balcony and the ships wake. It was as  quiet as a ship can be, and peaceful, interesting enough we had a swallow visit us migrating north in spring taking a break on our balcony, it was so cool to see. We let it take its time to rest before it carried on.

Thanks for the reply. We finalized our booking for the MEDITERRANEAN ODYSSEY in April, 2023. I enjoyed looking at the ship's wake from the infinity pool area on our last trip so I thought I'd give it a try. I also thought the view leaving port would be great.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 11:28 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

We’re considering trying an aft cabin on our next trip (4123 Viking Sky). Anyone have any experience with the x100 series DV1s above the fantail?  Noise? View?

We had the starboard stern Explorer suite on Venus for the Homelands cruise this past May mist was an extraordinary experience, and we have chosen the same location for the Spain-Iceland trip next spring. Absolutely no unpleasant noise, an incredible view and peaceful experience under way. If I had the choice I would never again choose a ‘side’ cabin. The stern is where one wants to be. 

• Like 4

Had. cabin 4123 on the Viking Orion  for our Bermuda cruise. It has the best views from balcony. Very quiet, at the end of the hallway.. And the bartenders loved our number"4123" easy to remember.  We had the beverage package!😀  

On 8/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, Vineyard View said:

Great video. Thank you. Would you say that the balcony was different than a side DV1 balcony in depth or width?

This was my first Viking cruise, so can't answer your question first-hand.  Based on what I'd read on CC, the depth & width are the same as the rest of DV and V cabins.  You'll get a bit more "leg room" as the bottom of the glass railing angles out, creating the illusion of a deeper balcony.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Selion said:

This was my first Viking cruise, so can't answer your question first-hand.  Based on what I'd read on CC, the depth & width are the same as the rest of DV and V cabins.  You'll get a bit more "leg room" as the bottom of the glass railing angles out, creating the illusion of a deeper balcony.

Thank you. This is helpful and I appreciate your input. It is tempting. We have sailed in PV3 in the past so weighing out those two options. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you. This is helpful and I appreciate your input. It is tempting. We have sailed in PV3 in the past so weighing out those two options. 

I'd assume PV is a much better room than a DV.  If you are considering DV1 based on the view, that'd be largely dependent on the itinerary.  I think any of the Norwegian fjords and Alaska would be no brainers for an aft cabin. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 11:32 PM, WNcruiser said:

Does anyone have video or pictures of any Aft verandas? I can’t find anything on Google or YouTube. Just curious to see the difference between a regular DV as well as the balcony size. 

Thank you! 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=685352&et_cid=3500453&et_rid=232624280&et_referrer=Boards - CC-US

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...