Horizon Cove Balcony

fozzy1975

Looking into a cove balcony on the Horizon. Was hoping for some feedback. I noticed these cabins are only on deck 2 and below the restaurant/galley. How is the noise? We usually get a balcony on deck 16 but trying to keep the cost down while still having a balcony. Thanks 

Cove balconies are very popular, in part because being on deck 2 they are closer to the water than higher balconies.  It’s not bad being under the restaurant, but avoid being under the galley.  The restaurant itself is carpeted and not in operation during the time people are normally sleeping, but not so with the galley.

• Like 1

While I can't answer specifically to Horizon, I've had a cove balcony cabin in the past and it was fine.  Mine was under the restaurant and we never heard a single sound from above.  I'd avoid being under the galley though.

Edited by groundloop

We had, I believe, cabin 2425, family harbor suite on the transatlantic cruise and it was horrible. The noise from above even woke my young son up who can sleep through anything. Guest services went above and beyond though and we moved a few cabins down, the took specialty dining charges off our account and gave us a rather large onboard credit to use. 

I've had a Cove Balcony on Horizon, prefer one towards the front of the ship.  Reason being, you have Family Harbor towards the aft of the ship and get a lot of kid traffic.  Noise wise, no problems, usually pick one under the lobby/customer service area or just after it.

Edited by Mr305
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, coffeemom67 said:

We had, I believe, cabin 2425, family harbor suite on the transatlantic cruise and it was horrible. The noise from above even woke my young son up who can sleep through anything. Guest services went above and beyond though and we moved a few cabins down, the took specialty dining charges off our account and gave us a rather large onboard credit to use. 

This. We stayed in a family harbor cove balcony and I honestly couldnt believe the poor ship placement, where they know people with families will be. It woke me up every morning, not so much anyone else in my cabin.

2 hours ago, Bhern05 said:

This. We stayed in a family harbor cove balcony and I honestly couldnt believe the poor ship placement, where they know people with families will be. It woke me up every morning, not so much anyone else in my cabin.

It was crazy! Started very early in the morning but moving up just out of family harbor area problem was solved. 

Have been in one Cove balcony cabin on another ship and loved it. Were under a lounge and never heard a sound. As others have said, not a good idea to be under the galley, but have no first hand experience. On our cruise we were about in the middle of the Cove balconies and would receive spray form the waves from time to time. On some days the front Cove balconies looked to be drenched but we had rough seas.

My favorite cabin for sure.

1 minute ago, mexicobob said:

Have been in one Cove balcony cabin on another ship and loved it. Were under a lounge and never heard a sound. As others have said, not a good idea to be under the galley, but have no first hand experience. On our cruise we were about in the middle of the Cove balconies and would receive spray form the waves from time to time. On some days the front Cove balconies looked to be drenched but we had rough seas.

My favorite cabin for sure.

Ours too! We love the cove balconies we've been on. In fact we prefer them. 

20190728_145048.jpg

On 8/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

We love the cove balconies up front under guest services or shore excursions. 

We love cove balconies.  Below Guest Services and the Shore Excursions desks should be your first choice location for a cove.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, coffeemom67 said:

Do you know what the noise was?  
We're booked for this Thanksgiving in a Family Harbor Suite about the same location but on the port side.  Just wondering if we might have the same issues.

1 hour ago, Rollin Tide said:

Do you know what the noise was?  
We're booked for this Thanksgiving in a Family Harbor Suite about the same location but on the port side.  Just wondering if we might have the same issues.

It sounded like we might have been below the prep area for kitchen/bakery? The amount of banging and almost like something being pulled across the floor was loud and happened for hours!