Snorkeling?

gazingm42

4 hours ago, gazingm42 said:

We been to Belize 3 or 4 times before.  We have 1 first time cruiser and wants to snorkel.  But the only

trip via the ship is Rendezvous caye.  I been reading lots of bad reviews.

Any snorkeling suggestions?

Usually the only place to snorkel (that I'm aware of) is by taking a cruise ship excursion to either Goffs Caye or Rendezvous. I found both to be amazing and very unique because they are both a very small island with next to nothing on it. We had an amazing time and the guy that took us out to snorkel around the island was amazing as well. I have a tendency to think that people that don't like it or complain about it is because they are expecting more than what is there. If you go knowing what it looks like and to expect, you're fine. It is an island in the middle of the ocean. It had a few huts for shelter, a place to purchase drinks/food, bathrooms and beautiful sandy beach around it. 

I would go back in a heartbeat but I like these kind of places.

If you are wanting to see what it is like there and our experience, you are welcome to check out my blog/website. I have a full review with TONS of pictures there. It might help you. You can find it HERE.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done this port many times.  Either take the puddle jumper flight to Ambergris or the ferry to Caye Caulker.  I've read that the flights have been less than reliable lately, so I'd probably opt for the ferry to Caulker.  Easy to get a boat /dive company out to the reef when you get there -- amazing snorkeling.  Then hang out at the Split until it's time to take the ferry back.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention Sea Sports Belize out of Belize City -- easy walk from the cruise port,  They have a couple of snorkeling options -- one out to the barrier reef and one to Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley with a stop at Caye Caulker.  They do a lot of cruise ship business and do a good job.

• 10 months later...