SEASHORE 19TH DECK NOISE

BIGDADDY1

Hello all.  I have cabin 19034 booked on the Seashore and hear about deck noise from above on this deck.  My question is this.  Is it loud like I can hear it if I am super quiet and listen for it, or its going to wake us up whenever someone moves a deck chair above?  If its subtle its no big deal.  If it sounds like a bowling alley when the early bird deck chair people (or staff) are rearranging the furniture that's a problem.

Also, if anyone has specific info, pic's, etc on this cabin please share.

I think it is going to vary based on how you sleep. I sleep pretty soundly and I've never had an issue. (I was on a flight once where someone in the row behind me was in medical distress. He was pulled out of his seat and laid out in the aisle next to me. I was told that they asked over the address system if there was a doctor on board. I slept through the whole thing.) But these boards have many people saying that it wakes them up. You'll need to keep that in mind as you read people's comments.

Edited by Best Cat Mom

15 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I think it is going to vary based on how you sleep. I sleep pretty soundly and I've never had an issue. (I was on a flight once where someone in the row behind me was in medical distress. He was pulled out of his seat and laid out in the aisle next to me. I was told that they asked over the address system if there was a doctor on board. I slept through the whole thing.) But these boards have many people saying that it wakes them up. You'll need to keep that in mind as you read people's comments.

Thanks for the info and advice.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1

I stayed in 19032 on MSC Seashore July 23 - 30 and I had noise throughout the night from the sundeck.  The deckboys pull the chairs off at night around 11p or 12a, hose it all down, squeegee (walking firmly across the deck in rubber boots), then put them all back around 4 or 5a.  I eventually slept with earplugs and that worked (though I travel with these; they weren't provided by the ship).  I did ask my concierge to relocate me to the slightly smaller "Deluxe" suite on deck 18 and it took a day for them to get approval, and they finally did but I remained where I was because by then it was day 4 on a 7-day cruise and I didn't want to move, plus the earplugs helped a lot.

All that said, my cruise was a miserable experience in Yacht Club and on MSC altogether.  We were missing hand soap and washcloths on day one (took till day two to get that; shower gel in the meantime), and the pillow menu was pointless as we got the synthetic pillows.  When I asked my butler about it, he said they were "out" of the feather pillows and only had foam.  I just stayed with the synthetic cheap ones.  Also, note that the minibar is unlimited but does not contain any alcohol or food items.  Aurea guests get food items (besides the nuts and toblerone), and their room service and breakfast menus are more expansive.  Photos attached...

Aurea Room Service Menu.jpeg

Yacht Club Room Service Menu.jpeg

Breakfast Menu Front.jpeg

Breakfast Menu Back.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MmmmJason said:

I stayed in 19032 on MSC Seashore July 23 - 30 and I had noise throughout the night from the sundeck.  The deckboys pull the chairs off at night around 11p or 12a, hose it all down, squeegee (walking firmly across the deck in rubber boots), then put them all back around 4 or 5a.  I eventually slept with earplugs and that worked (though I travel with these; they weren't provided by the ship).  I did ask my concierge to relocate me to the slightly smaller "Deluxe" suite on deck 18 and it took a day for them to get approval, and they finally did but I remained where I was because by then it was day 4 on a 7-day cruise and I didn't want to move, plus the earplugs helped a lot.

All that said, my cruise was a miserable experience in Yacht Club and on MSC altogether.  We were missing hand soap and washcloths on day one (took till day two to get that; shower gel in the meantime), and the pillow menu was pointless as we got the synthetic pillows.  When I asked my butler about it, he said they were "out" of the feather pillows and only had foam.  I just stayed with the synthetic cheap ones.  Also, note that the minibar is unlimited but does not contain any alcohol or food items.  Aurea guests get food items (besides the nuts and toblerone), and their room service and breakfast menus are more expansive.  Photos attached...

Breakfast Menu Back.jpeg

Excellent info!  My wife might need earplugs with our small white noise fan we bring.  Just in case.  Thanks

Thanks all, I figured the reply's would be subjective based on how light of a sleeper you might be.  It makes perfect sense.  I can sleep through almost anything especially if I have a "few" evening cocktails.  LOL.  My wife however, is a very light sleeper.

So thanks again, but feel free to share more experiences or any info on the deck noise or general info about Deck 19 cabins.  We are booked in 19034.

10 hours ago, MmmmJason said:

Breakfast Menu Back.jpeg

I know you are repeating your complaints on several threads, but I would point out some factors to you:

1.  You said your minibar had no alcohol in it.  There should have been beer and soft drinks/mixers.  They got rid of the mini--liquor bottles some time ago, but you should have ordered a full bottle of liquor or wine (one per room).  Should have been on a pre-boarding email to order, or from you butler on day one.

2.  As you said, there were some snacks to begin with.  Nuts, Pringles, and a Toblerone bar.  Policy changed to stop re-stocking, but you should have had an initial stock.  I don't recall getting other extras in Aurea minibar.

3.  Pillow menu choice should have been emailed to you to complete well before embarkation.  Did you not get it or not complete it?  It's hard to get exactly what you want on the day of boarding.

4.  You can get pretty much anything you want from YC room service.  Things come from a different kitchen, so the menu may not list it, but they can get it.  Remember, you get free pizza as well.  Also, please note that Aurea charges for many hot breakfast and lunch/dinner. Also, they have limited hours.  You have 24-hour room service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

I know you are repeating your complaints on several threads, but I would point out some factors to you:

1.  You said your minibar had no alcohol in it.  There should have been beer and soft drinks/mixers.  They got rid of the mini--liquor bottles some time ago, but you should have ordered a full bottle of liquor or wine (one per room).  Should have been on a pre-boarding email to order, or from you butler on day one.

2.  As you said, there were some snacks to begin with.  Nuts, Pringles, and a Toblerone bar.  Policy changed to stop re-stocking, but you should have had an initial stock.  I don't recall getting other extras in Aurea minibar.

3.  Pillow menu choice should have been emailed to you to complete well before embarkation.  Did you not get it or not complete it?  It's hard to get exactly what you want on the day of boarding.

4.  You can get pretty much anything you want from YC room service.  Things come from a different kitchen, so the menu may not list it, but they can get it.  Remember, you get free pizza as well.  Also, please note that Aurea charges for many hot breakfast and lunch/dinner. Also, they have limited hours.  You have 24-hour room service.

Hi JAGR,

Thanks for the info.  Quick question.  When does the pre-boarding email come?  I am 16 days out and don't believe I have seen it yet.  This is my first MSC cruise but not my first cruise.  I understand most of the little things can be changed quickly by contacting the butler.  However, its probably in everyone's best interest to have the preferences ahead of time. Also, do you know if the pre-boarding info can be done online?  I looked but didn't see anything.  MSC's site is not as user friendly as some others.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, BIGDADDY1 said:

Hi JAGR,

Thanks for the info.  Quick question.  When does the pre-boarding email come?  I am 16 days out and don't believe I have seen it yet.  This is my first MSC cruise but not my first cruise.  I understand most of the little things can be changed quickly by contacting the butler.  However, its probably in everyone's best interest to have the preferences ahead of time. Also, do you know if the pre-boarding info can be done online?  I looked but didn't see anything.  MSC's site is not as user friendly as some others.  Thanks in advance.

Inside of 20 days you should be able to log on to your MSC account and download your documents.  I do not recall any e-mails.  If you do not have an online MSC account go on their site and establish your own account and then link it to your reservation #.   MSC also has an app you can put on a smart phone which is called "MSC for Me."  This can also be tied to your reservation.

Hank

15 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Inside of 20 days you should be able to log on to your MSC account and download your documents.  I do not recall any e-mails.  If you do not have an online MSC account go on their site and establish your own account and then link it to your reservation #.   MSC also has an app you can put on a smart phone which is called "MSC for Me."  This can also be tied to your reservation.

Hank

It may be recent (last month or so maybe), but an email was sent asking us to make a liquor choice, pillow choice, and any special requests.  Got it about two or three weeks before sailing. Did not get the email before or B2B in late February, which is why I'm thinking it is a fairly recent feature.

9 minutes ago, JAGR said:

It may be recent (last month or so maybe), but an email was sent asking us to make a liquor choice, pillow choice, and any special requests.  Got it about two or three weeks before sailing. Did not get the email before or B2B in late February, which is why I'm thinking it is a fairly recent feature.

Never had that in the past but would welcome it for our upcoming Oct cruise.  Some have reported getting an e-mail with boarding passes.   When it comes to MSC I become afraid if I see an e-mail in my folder!  In the last few years e-mails from cruise lines have too often been about cancellations, unwanted itinerary changes, and in the case of MSC changes in ships, dates, etc.  When it comes to MSC we do like most of what happens once we get to the embarkation port but cannot think of much nice to say about their pre-cruise customer service.

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Never had that in the past but would welcome it for our upcoming Oct cruise.  Some have reported getting an e-mail with boarding passes.   When it comes to MSC I become afraid if I see an e-mail in my folder!  In the last few years e-mails from cruise lines have too often been about cancellations, unwanted itinerary changes, and in the case of MSC changes in ships, dates, etc.  When it comes to MSC we do like most of what happens once we get to the embarkation port but cannot think of much nice to say about their pre-cruise customer service.

Hank

I definitely agree! Lol!  I think the same thing when I get something in the mail from the IRS!

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

I definitely agree! Lol!  I think the same thing when I get something in the mail from the IRS!

OMG!  In the past I have found the IRS much easier to deal with than MSC Customer Service .

• Haha 2