Carnival Beverage Policy

Cruzlover7

I am sailing on the Magic in September and received an email to purchase beverages, sweets, decor etc. I noticed that they state the beverage policy has changed and you can no longer bring bottled beverages on board. See photo. When I search Carnival beverage policy, it still states you can bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person at embarkation day only.  Does anyone know if the website may not have been updated?

I do have the free drinks on us all over ship but, I do like having a bottle of wine in my room.  

thank you in advance for your insight. 

B588F037-6A5F-4E60-AAAE-D4B42C72D426.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Cruzlover7 said:

I am sailing on the Magic in September and received an email to purchase beverages, sweets, decor etc. I noticed that they state the beverage policy has changed and you can no longer bring bottled beverages on board. See photo. When I search Carnival beverage policy, it still states you can bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person at embarkation day only.  Does anyone know if the website may not have been updated?

I do have the free drinks on us all over ship but, I do like having a bottle of wine in my room.  

thank you in advance for your insight. 

B588F037-6A5F-4E60-AAAE-D4B42C72D426.jpeg

Get your wine and take it back

24 minutes ago, Cruzlover7 said:

Thank you everyone. I’ll bring my bottle with me. The picture ad threw me off.  So many changes these days, it made me wonder.  
Happy Cruising to all. 

Their wording from the photos could throw you off 

When in doubt, check the ticket contract

(f) Beverage Policy: Guests will be limited to purchasing a maximum of 15 alcoholic beverages per person, age 21 and over, per day while on board. For safety reasons, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception: At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, Guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person. A $15 corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should Guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar. Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded, and no compensation will be provided. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the Vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to ensure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any Guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any Guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cruzlover7 said:

Thank you everyone. I’ll bring my bottle with me. The picture ad threw me off.  So many changes these days, it made me wonder.  
Happy Cruising to all. 

Over the years, some "things" have changed but it's mostly in the wording to address some issues.  For instance, in the past, they have allowed bottles of almost of any kind of mixed wine + anything.  They don't anymore.  However, in most cases, even though not explicitely written, Porto will be fine.

The beverage policy also mentions no drinks until 6:00 AM in the next morning from cruise ports such as Galveston and/or New-York.  In reality, on the first night, when you go to the MDR, they will allow you to get a few drinks off your Cheers package.

Finally, mostly with Carnival (not saying it's good or bad, just what we experienced), whatever the "rule" is about getting alcohol in ports, very often, they will let you keep what you purchase.  Of course, very often they will "keep it for you" until the end of the cruise, as written in their policy.  But fact is, other times they will not care. and let you get away with it.

Since they still allow us to bring 1 bottle wine/passenger at embarkation, we try to get in with bottles we usually wouldn't buy in our day to day life.  After all those years of cruising, it remains the best thing to do for us.