Are Straight Razors Allowed

miched

I had been using a electric razor for years since I was a teen because a razor would cut off the zits causing me to bleed.   It finally got to the point of the expense and cost of the blades and foils I that switched to a safety razor and really got into the art of shaving.  Also being older I no longer have those zits.    I use a bowl,  brush and shaving soap.   It is pleasant experience and recently became a hobby trying different brushes, blades, soaps and etc.   Out of curiosity I tried a straight razor.   I love it.   It is the only way to shave.   That is my question.   Do they allow straight razors or consider them a weapon?  

Thanks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I can't bring my pocket knife, so I can't imagine that a straight would be acceptable. 

Shaving brushes are just fine, of course, and the room attendants seem to know how to respect them. I ditched the bowl and switched to face lathering years ago, though. 

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

I can't bring my pocket knife, so I can't imagine that a straight would be acceptable. 

Shaving brushes are just fine, of course, and the room attendants seem to know how to respect them. I ditched the bowl and switched to face lathering years ago, though. 

I use that also.   Sometimes I feel like a nut and other times I don’t.  🤗.  It is the hobby of the fine art of shaving.  I am thinking when traveling to use face lathering.    Less to carry.   Do you take a stand for your brush and razor?    I am thinking that I should just take my safety razor and brush.   

Thanks for the input

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Here is the related Prohibited info:

• Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

I also use a mug and brush. Dont bring a mug but the soap in its tin container and I use a normal shaver. I shave in the shower; bring a small mirror and suction cup and my brush and soap container and I use the Dollar Shave Club razors. 

Den

37 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Here is the related Prohibited info:

• Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

I also use a mug and brush. Dont bring a mug but the soap in its tin container and I use a normal shaver. I shave in the shower; bring a small mirror and suction cup and my brush and soap container and I use the Dollar Shave Club razors. 

Den

I don’t shave in the shower because I wear glasses and use the wash bowl to rinse off the blade.  After showing or whenever I apply a wash cloth that was rinsed in hot water to soften my facial hair.  \\]

You need to look at Rockwell, Henson, and  Merkur razors,  all great razors,  plus there are many doubled edged blades available for 100 at $10.   These are all a lot better than those multi blade shavers and a lot cheaper.   And as I said the straight razor isn’t that hard to use and gives a great  shave.   Look at UTube videos.   

It has became for me the  art and hobby of shaving instead of being a chore.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

I am thinking that I should just take my safety razor and brush.

That's all I bring. No stand. Cruise ship bathrooms don't always accommodate stands, and it's just more stuff than I need for the trip (and more than I care to shuffle around. 

Thanks for the reminder of safety razors @miched, I haven’t used one in many years. But I think it would be handier than one of these multi-blades which have such a wide ‘face’. Going to try one. 

love the brush and soap. Nothing like a warm lather. 

den

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

That's all I bring. No stand. Cruise ship bathrooms don't always accommodate stands, and it's just more stuff than I need for the trip (and more than I care to shuffle around. 

Thanks.  I have found it is better to take as little as possible.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

11 hours ago, miched said:

I had been using a electric razor for years since I was a teen because a razor would cut off the zits causing me to bleed.   It finally got to the point of the expense and cost of the blades and foils I that switched to a safety razor and really got into the art of shaving.  Also being older I no longer have those zits.    I use a bowl,  brush and shaving soap.   It is pleasant experience and recently became a hobby trying different brushes, blades, soaps and etc.   Out of curiosity I tried a straight razor.   I love it.   It is the only way to shave.   That is my question.   Do they allow straight razors or consider them a weapon?  

Thanks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Why take the chance of getting it confiscated if you value it?  Can't you just use a safety razor for your cruise?  Also the airlines would require it to be in checked luggage I think.  

11 hours ago, canderson said:

My first thought when I read the thread title...

... only when the stabilizers are deployed! 😆

I honestly thought the same, and also not after a trip to the Martini Bar!